Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Clay will be played by a table cloth stretched on a clothesline.

Every time Jake Gyllenhaal bangs her Bill Murray will call Bed, Bath and Beyond at 3 in the morning.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-04-2022, 03:20 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• other members of the cast include Billy Magnussen, Daniela Melchior, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Lukas Gage, Hannah Love Lanier, Travis Van Winkle, B.K. Cannon, Arturo Castro, Dominique Columbus, Beau Knapp and Bob Menery.
      No idea who any of them are.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Prey on Hulu tonight. It's gotten pretty good reviews. One said it's the best of the Predator franchise.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Im gonna watch it, but I believe these reviewers are being kind because it is on Hulu. If it was theatrical I bet they skewer it. I am sure I will enjoy it I usually do.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Prey on Hulu tonight. It's gotten pretty good reviews. One said it's the best of the Predator franchise.
            I liked it. I've only seen the first one and I was feeling a little bit older when I found it came out 35 years ago.

Comment

• The first one came out in the 1980s and the cgi was better. The cgi in this is laughably bad even for a Hulu release. Clipart on my computer at home looks more realistic than the snake and lion. (I'm 20 minutes in)

The artistic director should never put this on his resume. And if this was a theater release it would bomb like Hiroshima. The story is intriguing but good God this is SyFy in 1990s level terrible cgi and it is so noticeable I can hardly stand it.

Edit: Jesus the bear is so bad I think my 8 year old cousin made it on his MacBook. How much did Di$ney/20th Century Fox bribe the critics to prop up this piece of crap?

Double edit: what in the hell did I just watch? I would sooner rewatch Alien vs. Predator than this 2 bit wanna be film. 5/10 and that is being kind.
              Last edited by Handyman; 08-07-2022, 12:50 AM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Speaking of bad animation, I just found out this is a thing that exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapsit...lieve_in_Santa

Literally the worst animation ever...starring Mark Hamill, voices of Belle and Ariel of Disney fame, among others
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Fiance and I watched Death on the Nile last night. Decent, even though I correctly guessed the ending 30 mins in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The first one came out in the 1980s and the cgi was better. The cgi in this is laughably bad even for a Hulu release. Clipart on my computer at home looks more realistic than the snake and lion. (I'm 20 minutes in)

The artistic director should never put this on his resume. And if this was a theater release it would bomb like Hiroshima. The story is intriguing but good God this is SyFy in 1990s level terrible cgi and it is so noticeable I can hardly stand it.

Edit: Jesus the bear is so bad I think my 8 year old cousin made it on his MacBook. How much did Di$ney/20th Century Fox bribe the critics to prop up this piece of crap?

Double edit: what in the hell did I just watch? I would sooner rewatch Alien vs. Predator than this 2 bit wanna be film. 5/10 and that is being kind.
                    Yeah the lions, tigers and bears 'fx' were pretty pathetic but the 5 minutes they were on didn't ruin the story for me.

Comment

• I could have handled the lion and snake...but the bear was awful. And that highlighted the cruddy use of effects for the Predator as well. Its like they never watched Discovery Channel before they could have probably found open source bear footage that would have looked more real spliced in there. And good god when the bear dies the blood effect was worse than a PS2 video game!

The story is fine. It is rather paint by numbers which is to be expected but nothing special. the main actress is quite good, the rest...meh. The French Fur Traders was a cool historical deal but good god was that plot point annoying. And I am sorry but if you can fly here on a spaceship you are not ****ing shooting arrows on your hunt. You have advanced tech you use all over the place but somehow you havent figured out laser weapon technology? Who the hell wrote the script I feel like Neil DeGrasse Tyson over here ripping it...Predator looked cool though.

I gave it a five because the story was decent and the main actress was pretty good. Also I didn't pay a dime to watch it. If I had paid for a ticket to this I would have given it a 2.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Fiance and I watched Death on the Nile last night. Decent, even though I correctly guessed the ending 30 mins in.
                        Anyone who read the book knew who it was.

I loved it. Another over the top cast performing Agatha Christie and chewing scenery for two hours. I can't wait for the completion of the trilogy.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Anyone who read the book knew who it was.

I loved it. Another over the top cast performing Agatha Christie and chewing scenery for two hours. I can't wait for the completion of the trilogy.
                          Is it Evil Under the Sun? They like making that one. To be fair, it is a wonderful story.

If I could choose I would pick:

1. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
                          2. The Mysterious Affair at Styles
                          3. Murder on the Links

These are all great character studies of Poirot and the latter two of Hastings. Their relationship drives my interest in the books.

Interestingly, from the pressers, it is "set in Venice" and "based on a lesser known Poirot story." Now, I have read them all and no Poirot story is set in Venice. They could relocate the hotel from Evil Under the Sun to Venice. They could also play one of the continental intrigues there, since 20s Venice is perfect for a spy story.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-08-2022, 06:48 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• 13 lives with Viggo, Colin and Joel edgerton was pretty good, as long as you can do a 2.5 hour movie

Comment

• We missed commemorating the release of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" 48 years ago on Monday.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                We missed commemorating the release of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" 48 years ago on Monday.
                                It's just a shadow.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X