Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Saw The Apology last night. This was a very, very limited theater release - six theaters in the US, but also released simultaneously on AMC+ and Shudder. It’s a psychological type thriller, small cast, including my current favorite actor Linus Roache. As well as Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn as the main lead.

I found out one of the theaters was in Gloucester, MA. Dragged my brother up in a very stormy rain. The theater looked like something out of a horror movie. One creepy theater manager guy taking tickets and managing the concession stand. I bought tickets online for some reason. My brother and I were the only ones there. Lights go out, movie starts…it’s not The Apology. I was like “do not tell me I drove all the way up here in a horrible rain storm and they’re not showing it!!” I went to the lobby to tell creepy theater manager guy and he had to call someone somewhere to fix it. I guess not a theater which actual film - heh. Anyway, he got it fixed and I was able to see it. I liked it a lot. Check out the trailer, and if you have AMC+, check it out. I don’t, didn’t really want to pay for another streaming service that I won’t use, plus I wanted to see it on a big screen.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Banshees of Inshirin is now on hbo max.

def a better film than Tar, another one supposedly in running for best picture

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Joker: Folie A Deux. A musical.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joker...b0804966ada9a4

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Murder in the First doesn't really hold up I watched it recently. The Rainmaker is very well done.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    How about Rainmaker? Perhaps my lack of recollection of it should be my answer.

Again go see Murder In The First

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Time to Kill is a great movie, one of my all-time favorites, but a bad legal movie.
    Is that the Brannaugh / Thompson movie with the scissors?

Edit: Sorry, that's Dead Again.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Time to Kill is a great movie, one of my all-time favorites, but a bad legal movie.
    Well yeah...I may have only stayed at a Holiday Inn but even I know that ;^)

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I love A Time to Kill!

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    We turned off Bullet Train about 20 minutes in.
    I think I lasted 15 mins

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    We turned off Bullet Train about 20 minutes in.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Bullet Train on Netflix. Action, mindless violence, an a few chuckles thrown in. Found it a good way to kill 2 hours while doing laundry on a day off.
    Speaking of, John Wick now runs on the idiot box almost as often as Road House.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Bullet Train on Netflix. Action, mindless violence, an a few chuckles thrown in. Found it a good way to kill 2 hours while doing laundry on a day off.
    This. Does what it needs to. Great rental with a few drinks.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I don't think I've ever seen Vinny

otherwise easy A Few Good Men, 12 Angry Men, TKAMb
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-11-2022, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Primal Fear
    Jagged Edge

Very very underrated - Murder in the First

Leave a comment:

Working...
X