This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I won't go to a theatre until next summer, earliest.
    mookie wore a mask
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Im seeing it later this week. Seeing a couple other flicks first.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Bond has been out over three weeks and nobody has bothered to go (other than mookie?)
        If it's still in the theater on veterans day, wife and I may go see a matinee (it's the one state holiday where my daughters preschool is still open, so it's the one day each year we're guaranteed 8 hours to ourselves with no work).

Comment

• Thirteen Days (about the Cuban missile crisis) is one of my favorite movies ever but iirc I don't think it ever detailed much of the "on the ground" spying that went onto solving that issue. The Conduit with Benedict Cumberbatch does:

The true story of a British businessman unwittingly recruited into one of the greatest international conflicts in history. Forming an unlikely partnership with a Soviet officer hoping to prevent a nuclear confrontation, the two men work together to provide the crucial intelligence used to defuse the Cuban Missile Crisis.
          Wonderfully done on all levels. Strong acting, dialogue and pacing made for a great watching experience and to my detriment I had never heard of this story until I stumbled upon this on one of my flights home. Highly recommend - and if you enjoy movies of this sort you should also watch Thirteen Days if you have not.

Comment

We went to a show where vaccines and masks were both required. It was amazing.

We decided to pick up several tickets for the orchestra as they're doing the same.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Gf and I went to see that Newark Saints movie a coupla weeks ago. Masks were required and there were only 2 other people in the theater sitting 5 or 6 rows behind us.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Yeah since I tend to see movies during the week and during the day I usually have 2-3 people in the theater and I sit away from them. Its like having a massive theater at home!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I went to an afternoon matinee of the new Bond at West End in the VIP theater where seats are already somewhat spaced. I kept my mask on when not gobbling popcorn.

I thought the movie was a wonderful add to the franchise. Some jagoff on another website complained that Bond has been dumbed down because there wasn't a silhouette of a nude woman in the opening credits and he didn't sleep with enough women. God help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I went to an afternoon matinee of the new Bond at West End in the VIP theater where seats are already somewhat spaced. I kept my mask on when not gobbling popcorn.

I thought the movie was a wonderful add to the franchise. Some jagoff on another website complained that Bond has been dumbed down because there wasn't a silhouette of a nude woman in the opening credits and he didn't sleep with enough women. God help us.
                    That review was really something. Tell me you're a misogynistic creep without saying you're a misogynistic creep. I bet Handy can guess what the other website was. :^D
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

that review was really something. Tell me you're a misogynistic creep without saying you're a misogynistic creep. I bet handy can guess what the other website was. :^d
                      gpl?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

gpl?
                        omg it was gpl

Comment

• Quitting GPL was the smartest decision I have made in quite some time.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Quitting GPL was the smartest decision I have made in quite some time.
                            Well for what it's worth not a single person agreed with him and several called him out. I think people can chill out about the website in general.

Comment

Thirteen Days (about the Cuban missile crisis) is one of my favorite movies ever but iirc I don't think it ever detailed much of the "on the ground" spying that went onto solving that issue. The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch does:

Wonderfully done on all levels. Strong acting, dialogue and pacing made for a great watching experience and to my detriment I had never heard of this story until I stumbled upon this on one of my flights home. Highly recommend - and if you enjoy movies of this sort you should also watch Thirteen Days if you have not.
                              After Googling, I fixed your post.

Ii really liked Thirteen Days in spite of Kevin Costner; but it's been *uses abacus* a really long time since I've seen it and may need to re-watch it.

I will definitely be looking to watch The Courier then. The reviews and summaries sound fantastic. And it's currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video!
                              Last edited by aparch; 10-24-2021, 01:40 PM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well for what it's worth not a single person agreed with him and several called him out. I think people can chill out about the website in general.
                                This is true. Mods have been doing a good job of keeping the BS pretty minimal lately.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X