Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait...the USFL is back? How did I miss that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Wait...the USFL is back? How did I miss that?
      Not sure if serious...
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        They should force him to sell the team.

Please?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Not sure if serious...
          Totally serious. I must not have been paying attention mostly because I could not care less. I guess the Boston Breakers won't be making a comeback. I remember they played at Nickerson Field at BU when I was a student there. I had a class in the Case Center and had stopped at the McDonalds up on West Campus on the way to class and put the bag down at the front desk to get my ID and one of the Breakers' player opened my bag and took out some fries. Um, hi. That was part of my lunch. Ah, memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Not sure if serious...
            I had 0 idea there was another iteration of the USFL until this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Totally serious. I must not have been paying attention mostly because I could not care less. I guess the Boston Breakers won't be making a comeback. I remember they played at Nickerson Field at BU when I was a student there. I had a class in the Case Center and had stopped at the McDonalds up on West Campus on the way to class and put the bag down at the front desk to get my ID and one of the Breakers' player opened my bag and took out some fries. Um, hi. That was part of my lunch. Ah, memories.
              The teams that are playing are named the as some of the original USFL teams, like the Michigan Panthers. But I think they are all playing in one spot. If it sticks, next year will be interesting, as another version of the XFL will also start in the spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I had 0 idea there was another iteration of the USFL until this thread.
                Lucky you. Every broadcast on Fox or FS1 has had a USFL commercial on it.

I’m convinced the quickest way to make money in this country is to start a spring football league. Networks seem to have an endless supply of money to support whatever idea crops up lately.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I had very little idea of it until this week. Read an article about its "innovations"
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I had very little idea of it until this week. Read an article about its "innovations"
                    Seemingly every sports broadcast on Fox had some ad about the opener. Since most of the soccer I watch is on Fox it was constant.

For all the complaints about soccer or lacrosse or rugby being the “sport of the future”, spring football should really take that title. For like 50 years some spring league will pop up and some network will throw millions at it before it inevitably folds.

I honestly wonder how much money has been p—-ed away by networks trying to make spring football work?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I had very little idea of it until this week. Read an article about its "innovations"
                      "Glow ball" is the new "glow puck"!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Seemingly every sports broadcast on Fox had some ad about the opener. Since most of the soccer I watch is on Fox it was constant.

For all the complaints about soccer or lacrosse or rugby being the “sport of the future”, spring football should really take that title. For like 50 years some spring league will pop up and some network will throw millions at it before it inevitably folds.

I honestly wonder how much money has been p—-ed away by networks trying to make spring football work?
                        To be fair with this, the last version of the XFL showed viability.... They just happened to start in March 2020 and we know how that went...

If done right, there is cash to be had...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I assume when the refs make the final placement of the ball, at that point they check electronically to see if there is a first down.
                          But where's the sensor in the ball? Or does the sensor put out a signal the size of the ball? But again, where is that signal centered at?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

To be fair with this, the last version of the XFL showed viability.... They just happened to start in March 2020 and we know how that went...

If done right, there is cash to be had...
                            I mean, the WFL, the original USFL, the Professional Spring Football League (that never got past training camp), the original XFL, NFL Europe and the AAF all failed. A 50 year graveyard of failed and dead football leagues yet here's Fox throwing out $200 million on yet another try.

I doubt there's money to be made for someone because every rich dumb**** in the last 50 years has tried and failed. The only one making any money on these ventures is the NFL, and that's only because they got free R&D to improve their product.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Honestly, I enjoyed the original XFL more than the NFL. I don't know why, but it was far more entertaining
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

But where's the sensor in the ball? Or does the sensor put out a signal the size of the ball? But again, where is that signal centered at?
                                They don't need a sensor in the ball to do this. Though they may use one. The NFL already has one in it for their own use.

If it's placed on the ground the electronic system could just use an image of the field to calculate 10 yards.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X