Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports got into bed with gambling formally and this stuff will just grow and grow. They don't care. It's $$$.

Maybe we are growing out of sports as a culture. That would be a net win.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Sports got into bed with gambling formally and this stuff will just grow and grow. They don't care. It's $$$.

Maybe we are growing out of sports as a culture. That would be a net win.
      Don't take away my college hockey. While I fully recognize it's not altogether "pure" it's about as close as it gets for anything post-high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Don't take away my college hockey. While I fully recognize it's not altogether "pure" it's about as close as it gets for anything post-high school.
        I don't want to lose mine either. I assume sports has enough momentum to last through my lifetime (low bar), likely beyond the lifetime of anyone alive today. But there was a time before it, so...
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

As usual you're not addressing the actual elephant in the room, which ffs I'm not going to bother pointing out to you.
          Well, my point, which I will type for you again, but slower this time, was to respond to the article linked, and the demand/suggestion contained therein, made by the Westgate Superbook that the NFL investigate the possibility of inside information available regarding Tom Brady's un-retirement prior to it being made known publicly. The book can go suck an egg, in my opinion. They've been trading on inside information for years, and now it's biting them in the azz.

I really don't care what you fantasize the point to be.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Well, my point....
            Bless your heart.

Comment

• Von Miller to Buffalo.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Deshaun Watson to Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  Deshaun Watson to Cleveland.
                  I have to start paying more attention. I didn't realize that Watson had been convicted of sexual assault let alone sentenced.
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

• Is the Pats org just that toxic?

Leonard Fournette spent yesterday with the Patriots' organization, as a possible free agent signing.

Today he re-signs with Tampa Bay for 3 years, $21 million.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Is the Pats org just that toxic?

Leonard Fournette spent yesterday with the Patriots' organization, as a possible free agent signing.

they can have him and yes
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Seems that the same can be said of the Packers, given that Aaron's favorite target left on his own.

Comment

They have Harris, Stevenson and White as their top 3 backs. Why would you want Fournette?

Comment

• I didn't say I wanted him. I said its funny how he saw the Pats org and hightailed it straight back to TB.

I don't know how much I'd count on White. Apparently, he only started walking on his own just recently.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• The Kansas City Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl wide receiver Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 first-round pick (No. 29), a second-round pick (No. 50) and a fourth-round pick, as well as fourth- and sixth-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hill is expected to receive a massive contract extension from the Dolphins, according to sources. Hill is currently scheduled to become a free agent after this season.

Comment

• Just because I can't find a better thread to put this in, can you imagine the poutrage here if there was a field rush like this in the NFL?

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video...=1648210582001

Comment

Working...
                                X