Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Bad for Chicago. Good for the NFL elite- as I don't see a path where GB actually competes for a SB. Blowing the entire budget on one guy makes it impossible to assemble a total team.
    They’ve restructured a lot of contracts to get under the cap. The NFL makes it pretty easy to continually push money to the future. This coming season was supposed to be cap hell for Green Bay, but that’s been pushed back another 3-4 seasons. Eventually that all comes due, but that’s a problem for future Homer.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

They’ve restructured a lot of contracts to get under the cap. The NFL makes it pretty easy to continually push money to the future. This coming season was supposed to be cap hell for Green Bay, but that’s been pushed back another 3-4 seasons. Eventually that all comes due, but that’s a problem for future Homer.
      There are limits. It's not as if they can go out and get the skilled players which would have pushed them past the one playoff game. It's the same team as it's been for many years, and it's not likely going to change much. Maybe they can convince another receiver to show up- but they need offensive linemen.

Comment

• Russell Wilson to the Broncos, pending physical.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• AFC West will be fun to watch next season.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by missthundercat View Post
            russell wilson to the broncos, pending physical.
            Last edited by Kepler; 03-08-2022, 02:32 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Bad for Chicago. Good for the NFL elite- as I don't see a path where GB actually competes for a SB. Blowing the entire budget on one guy makes it impossible to assemble a total team.
              Especially since he cannot win a ****ing playoff game. I was ready to move on, certainly after all the woo bull**** and drama this season
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• GB uses the non-exclusive tag on Devante Adams worth $20.5 mil
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Commanders trade for a proven bust at QB.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Commanders trade for a proven bust at QB.
                    Geno Smith?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Commanders trade for a proven bust at QB.
                      They didn't give up much for it- one 3rd round pick in '22 and '23. They exchanged 2nd round picks- which I see as mostly even. The Colts let him go for a lot less than they traded for him.

Comment

They didn't give up much for it- one 3rd round pick in '22 and '23. They exchanged 2nd round picks- which I see as mostly even. The Colts let him go for a lot less than they traded for him.
                        They get to pay all $28 million this year, so it was cheap in picks.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

They get to pay all $28 million this year, so it was cheap in picks.
                          Which team? That part of a trade always catches me out... sometimes the old team pays, sometimes the new one does.

Comment

Which team? That part of a trade always catches me out... sometimes the old team pays, sometimes the new one does.
                            Looks like they're both paying.
                            2022 salary: $24,000,000
                            2022 salary cap hit: $24,000,000 (assumed by Broncos)
                            2022 dead cap: $26,000,000 (assumed by Seahawks)

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              Looks like they're both paying.
                              2022 salary: $24,000,000
                              2022 salary cap hit: $24,000,000 (assumed by Broncos)
                              2022 dead cap: $26,000,000 (assumed by Seahawks)
                              Wrong trade- I'm wondering about Wentz. He got traded for a 2nd round trade swap and 2 3rd round picks (the '23 pick could turn into a 2nd round pick if Carson plays enough). Picks are important, but they are also a gamble. So to get a player for some gambles on people isn't a huge burden on Washington- relative to trading a known person.

Edit- just read more about the deal- Wentz may have a "long term contract" from the Eagles- where the money is still in place, but DC can cut or trade him really easily if he does not work out without any penalty on their cap. Given the choices they still have to get a new QB- it's not as if they had a lot of choices. If they really suck this year, they can draft a new one.
                              Last edited by MichVandal; 03-10-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Wrong trade- I'm wondering about Wentz. He got traded for a 2nd round trade swap and 2 3rd round picks (the '23 pick could turn into a 2nd round pick if Carson plays enough). Picks are important, but they are also a gamble. So to get a player for some gambles on people isn't a huge burden on Washington- relative to trading a known person.

Edit- just read more about the deal- Wentz may have a "long term contract" from the Eagles- where the money is still in place, but DC can cut or trade him really easily if he does not work out without any penalty on their cap. Given the choices they still have to get a new QB- it's not as if they had a lot of choices. If they really suck this year, they can draft a new one.
                                D'oh!
                                This site is really good regarding player contracts.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washingt...n-wentz-18950/

Comment

Working...
                                X