Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Rodgers has Covid toe

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Aaron Rodgers has Covid toe
      (stops chewing)

Beg pardon?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

(stops chewing)

Beg pardon?
        It’s real. Swelling and pain in the toes after Covid and dr Aaron has it

Comment

Poor Kaaron.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

But what about the Ivermectin, and the zinc, and all the rest of that ****?

You mean, they didn't work?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

But what about the Ivermectin, and the zinc, and all the rest of that ****?

You mean, they didn't work?
              As seen in Twitter-

“they’re hooves now after the ivermectin”

“toe Rogan”

Comment

• Well now wsj is backtracking and saying a toe injury while out with Covid vs Covid toe.

the other story was better

Comment

• Whew, almost looked like the Lions would win one- but they let Chicago pull it out on the last play.

Comment

• I'm always amused by NFL Store commercials where they attempt to show people genuinely interested in being Texan or Jaguar fans.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I'm always amused by NFL Store commercials where they attempt to show people genuinely interested in being Texan or Jaguar fans.
                      Even worse, there are those who are Lions fans.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Even worse, there are those who are Lions fans.
                        We are all suckers. A long time ago, we happened to be downtown, and decided to go to the game- it was packed, and this was one of the worse seasons we had. And with that helpful hit, it could be anytime since Ford Field opened (since I did say downtown and not way off in the burbs of Pontiac).

One of the other big problem with the Lions are the fans are so loyal. Not enough of them protest how bad they are and stay home. And we don't have press like Phily or New York to pressure the ownership more. That pressure has been reserved for the Red Wings the last 30 years.

Comment

• The point is, the Lions have a history and some success in that history albeit long ago. They also have a geographical reason for existing.

The Jaguars I don't get. They're not the first team in Florida. Heck, they're not the second team in Florida. And some might argue, well, that corner of Florida is different from Tampa or Miami. OK, but, like, not every streetcorner gets a football team. Stockton probably feels it's different than SF or Oakland but we don't give them a team. How does one live in Jacksonville and not have formed some basic attachment to Miami or TB by the team the Jaguars came about? Or Atlanta? Or one of the myriad of college football teams in that area? And then it's not like they have a great history during their existence to pull someone over. At least the Panthers in that time made it to a couple SBs. The Jaguars had, what, a fleeting appearance in the AFC CCG? What exactly gets one exciting to wake up in the morning and root for Jacksonville? Do you have to literally be the mayor of Jacksonville and have this be your city's claim to greatness?

Same with Houston, but I guess they have the excuse that Houston is the fourth (I think?) largest city so of course they *should* have a team. But between the Cowboys being the Cowboys and Texas having no shortage of college football teams, it feels weird anyone would identify so closely with them, again given the lack of success in such a short time. You have to really buy into some Houston/Dallas cultural rivalry that I suppose must exist but damned if I know.

Chargers get honorable mention. You had some claim to uniqueness by being in San Diego, but threw that away to be the crap team in LA, where roughly/oddly only 12 people care about pro-football.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The point is, the Lions have a history and some success in that history albeit long ago. They also have a geographical reason for existing.

The Jaguars I don't get. They're not the first team in Florida. Heck, they're not the second team in Florida. And some might argue, well, that corner of Florida is different from Tampa or Miami. OK, but, like, not every streetcorner gets a football team. Stockton probably feels it's different than SF or Oakland but we don't give them a team. How does one live in Jacksonville and not have formed some basic attachment to Miami or TB by the team the Jaguars came about? Or Atlanta? Or one of the myriad of college football teams in that area? And then it's not like they have a great history during their existence to pull someone over. At least the Panthers in that time made it to a couple SBs. The Jaguars had, what, a fleeting appearance in the AFC CCG? What exactly gets one exciting to wake up in the morning and root for Jacksonville? Do you have to literally be the mayor of Jacksonville and have this be your city's claim to greatness?

Same with Houston, but I guess they have the excuse that Houston is the fourth (I think?) largest city so of course they *should* have a team. But between the Cowboys being the Cowboys and Texas having no shortage of college football teams, it feels weird anyone would identify so closely with them, again given the lack of success in such a short time. You have to really buy into some Houston/Dallas cultural rivalry that I suppose must exist but damned if I know.

Chargers get honorable mention. You had some claim to uniqueness by being in San Diego, but threw that away to be the crap team in LA, where roughly/oddly only 12 people care about pro-football.
                            <---- Jags fan in Chicago, ha ha...

Reality is that yea, they are probably the smallest fanbase in the NFL for the exact reasons you mentioned. They are in College Football territory 100% and also the "home" area has 20+ year legacy fans for Atlanta and Miami. Tampa to a much smaller degree.

There is some success with two AFC title games, but there has been a LOT of losing over the past 15 years. 2018 was a fluke season with a hella good Defense that imploded the following season (see Urinating Tree's video on this for a good break down). The team will end up in London or elsewhere in 15 years. Mark my words.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The point is, the Lions have a history and some success in that history albeit long ago. They also have a geographical reason for existing.

Houston because of the Oilers. Just like Cleveland because the Browns (with considerably more history).

Texas is big enough to have 2 pro teams. Especially with a third pro team making up a triangle in Austin.

BTW, anyone watching the Ravens-Browns game may be amused by the "throwback" that the Browns have, as if this franchise has any of that actual history. They may have been granted the rights to brag about it, but all of the actual history that happened in unis that looked anything like that is part of the other side of the field.

Comment

• There's plenty of Texans fans around. Houston being a huge area is part of it but not everyone, even in Texas, likes the Cowboys.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X