Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

One of my favorite stats that I saw this weekend: Since Peyton Manning retired five years ago, Tom Brady has been to 4 Super Bowls, and has won 3.
    So we won 4 SBs before Manning retired?

Comment

• Patriots cut Cam Newton. Wonder if it's his refusal to get the jab or Mac Jones just showed more in camp and preseason?
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Why can't it be both?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Patriots cut Cam Newton. Wonder if it's his refusal to get the jab or Mac Jones just showed more in camp and preseason?
          The way I saw it, it wasn't just the jab, but what COVID would mean overall. Cam had to sit out for some time just because of a simple misunderstanding- what if he was exposed via tracking?

I REALLY wanted Cam to do well- as I'm just a fan of his, but I can see how this is just a business, and you can't have expensive resources that make decisions that put them at risk to not play. I'm betting more than one player will be cut because he's just not worth the investment risk.

Comment

• I heard this on the radio news, and at first, thought it was about the Pats naming Cam as the starting QB. Then I got home, turned on NBCSports Boston, and found out it was the Pats cutting Cam. Made my day.

Comment

• Wish the Vikings had the balls to cut Cousins
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Why can't it be both?
                I think it is both
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Wish the Vikings had the balls to cut Cousins
                  No other QB on the Vikings has ever taken a regular season snap, let alone started a game. They’re in a bad place to make such a move otherwise I bet Zimmer would in a heartbeat.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Phillip Dorsett cut by Jacksonville, and the Pats need receiver help.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

No other QB on the Vikings has ever taken a regular season snap, let alone started a game. They’re in a bad place to make such a move otherwise I bet Zimmer would in a heartbeat.
                      Mac Jones is the only QB on NE's roster at the moment.. so the same is true for them as well...
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Phillip Dorsett cut by Jacksonville, and the Pats need receiver help.
                        I read about that this morning. He had signed with the Seahawks in 2020 and didn't play at all due to a foot injury and Meyer said he was nursing an undisclosed injury. Same injury? Possibly.

An aside to FT,LT and the QB situation I'd mortgage the condo(if I hadn't sold it already)that Hoyer will re-sign.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Yeah, word from yesterday is that Hoyer didn't have to go through waivers, so this is all procedural. They had to cut him so there was a roster spot for Nkeal Harry, who they will now put on injured reserve, with Hoyer expected to re-sign.

Not really surprising, except the keeping Nkeal Harry part.

Comment

• For those who liked the Dorktown series on the Mariners, they're currently in the middle of one on the Falcons, which is also very good.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              For those who liked the Dorktown series on the Mariners
                              I still have not seen this somehow.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 09-03-2021, 07:15 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Anthony Barr and Christian Darrisaw are out for the Vikings this week. Ladies and Bents, I give you The Tinfoil Curtain!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X