Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On February 5, 2020, the Wednesday after last year's Super Bowl, I was sitting in a sports book with some buddies and we were speculating as to whether Brady would be leaving the Patriots (pretty likely), and if so, where he would end up.

For me, it came down to San Diego and Tampa Bay, of the 5 or so teams thought to be likely landing spots.

I took a flier and placed a bet to win the Super Bowl on Tampa Bay, at 35-1.

Now, I just have to figure out when I can get back to a sports book between now and the Super Bowl and get my hedge bet down.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• KC opens -3; Money line KC -170, TB +150.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        KC opens -3; Money line KC -170, TB +150.
        Very early last night KC opened at -3.5, but everyone who wanted to bet TB snapped that up, so within an hour or so it had dropped to -3, although the juice was bad. The ML bet opened at -186, but then dropped to -176, and then again to -166 this morning, on the Fan Duel site.

I figured there would be a ton of public money that would love Brady as an underdog. The question is how low can I wait for the ML to drop before getting my ML hedge bet down.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Here ya go Amber:

@AdamSchefter: Detroit is dealing QB Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two future first-round picks, a third-round pick and QB Jared Goff, per sources. Two former No. 1 overall picks trading places in the first blockbuster NFL trade of 2021.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• I mean I'd consider a Goff-Stafford trade pretty equal so good job Lions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              I mean I'd consider a Goff-Stafford trade pretty equal so good job Lions.
              In terms of having some commitment to your best player, yes. Stafford now has a realistic chance at winning a SB. From this Lion's fan standpoint, good luck Jared. Expectations are once again very very low, instead of just very low.

And I do plan on rooting for the Rams. Stafford put more into this franchise than most would in his position, and I very much appreciate that. The best situation would be Matt winning the SB, but it would be fine if he just got the MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

In terms of having some commitment to your best player, yes. Stafford now has a realistic chance at winning a SB. From this Lion's fan standpoint, good luck Jared. Expectations are once again very very low, instead of just very low.

And I do plan on rooting for the Rams. Stafford put more into this franchise than most would in his position, and I very much appreciate that. The best situation would be Matt winning the SB, but it would be fine if he just got the MVP.
                Best part is that the Goff contract is basically a 2 year deal. $27 million this year and $15 million the next. They can cut him in 2023 and they have 5 first round draft picks in the next 3 years. Trying for a true rebuild is better than the desperate attempts to win 9 games and a wild card berth they've tried since Suh and Calvin left and whatever the hell Quinntricia was doing.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Best part is that the Goff contract is basically a 2 year deal. $27 million this year and $15 million the next. They can cut him in 2023 and they have 5 first round draft picks in the next 3 years. Trying for a true rebuild is better than the desperate attempts to win 9 games and a wild card berth they've tried since Suh and Calvin left and whatever the hell Quinntricia was doing.
                  If the Lions were smart (and we know they are not)- they would see how the best QB's have developed- 1) a VERY solid offensive line, and 2) a couple of years of learning under a veteran. The Lions have burnt more than one QB career over the last 30 years by picking them in the top 5, and then just putting them out there with the support they are getting.

I hope this is a true rebuild as opposed to the next version of a handful of stars with nobody to help.

Comment

• Stafford was willing to go anywhere except New England. Hah!
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Stafford was willing to go anywhere except New England. Hah!
                      Why would any decent quarterback want to go there? They have no offensive weapons to work with, and a head coach whose attitude made it untenable for the greatest QB to ever play the position to play there. And, if they wouldn't pay Brady, who would they be willing to pay?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                        Lions' fans probably have a better feel for his skill and what he's capable of. To be honest, as someone who never gives them a second thought, I can't say I know the slightest thing about Stafford other than he's their QB and has been for some time.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Stafford was willing to go anywhere except New England. Hah!
                          I'm sure he wasn't willing to go to the Jets.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Ruh roh

“JUST IN: The barber for the Kansas City Chiefs tested positive for the coronavirus on Sunday, his results returning as he was cutting the players' hair and just days ahead of the Super Bowl.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Ruh roh

“JUST IN: The barber for the Kansas City Chiefs tested positive for the coronavirus on Sunday, his results returning as he was cutting the players' hair and just days ahead of the Super Bowl.”
                              They all wanted to look like Mahomes in order to get the Patrick price with State Farm.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm sure he wasn't willing to go to the Jets.
                                He'd have had a better chance at winning a Super Bowl going back to Georgia. : - p
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X