Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC Championship Game appearances since 1997:

Tom Brady: 1
    Dallas Cowboys: 0

Years in the NFC since 1997:

Tom Brady: 1
    Dallas Cowboys: 24
    -From NFL Memes
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• It was one dude all along.

The Pats have always sucked. They just lucked into somebody for a while. It might as well have been the Lions.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Probably an unpopular opinion but, the "fumble out of the end zone results in a touchback" rule is one of the dumbest in all of sports. It's like a slap shot being deflected out of the rink by the goalie resulting in a delay of game penalty on you.
        No it isn't and no it isn't.

What's a proper alternative result to fumbling through the back of the end zone?
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-18-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

No it isn't and no it isn't.

What's a proper alternative result to fumbling through the back of the end zone?
          Same as if the ball was fumbled out of bounds. Spot of the fumble.

Nobody should be penalized for trying to score, and nobody should be rewarded for not recovering a fumble.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Nobody should be penalized for trying to score, and nobody should be rewarded for not recovering a fumble.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• How do you define a "fumble" fumble and a fumble from trying to score?

Like JJ said regarding his ruleset: The more specific you get, the muddier the water can become...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It was one dude all along.

The Pats have always sucked. They just lucked into somebody for a while. It might as well have been the Lions.
                I would be curious to know how the Patriots would have done this season if Brady had stayed. They had no receivers and crap defense. I don't think they would have been as bad as they were this season but I seriously do not think they would have made it to the AFC Championship game.

Comment

• They'd have been like they were the second half of last season.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I have no idea if this person is a boy or a girl. They are the exact average.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You can't spot a ball "through the end zone" as you can at the spot if it instead went out of bounds. Perhaps you could spot it at the yardage marker where the player loses the ball, but then what do you do if lost past the goal line - give it to them at the 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I have no idea if this person is a boy or a girl. They are the exact average.
                        If I'm not mistaken, that's Emma Watson, the girl who played Hermoine in the Harry Potter movies.

Comment

He wasn't penalized for trying to score. He was penalized for fumbling.

People can argue that it's a dumb rule, or that it is a rule that imposes too great a penalty on a play like the Cleveland play, but the plain and simple fact of the matter is that everyone knows that's the rule, the Cleveland play is the situation where that rule comes into play most often (how many other fumbles out of the endzone do you see other than where someone is diving for the pylon?), so don't do it. It's like going back to pass from your own 1 yard line, then whining about the punitive nature of the sack where the other team gets 2 points and the ball, when with most sacks you just lose five yards or so.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

You can't spot a ball "through the end zone" as you can at the spot if it instead went out of bounds. Perhaps you could spot it at the yardage marker where the player loses the ball, but then what do you do if lost past the goal line - give it to them at the 1?
                            If an offensive player loses it past the other team’s goal line then it’s irrelevant because they’ve already scored a touchdown when they broke the plane. If they fumble before and there’s no clear recovery then the ball should be placed at the spot of the fumble.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

If an offensive player loses it past the other team’s goal line then it’s irrelevant because they’ve already scored a touchdown when they broke the plane. If they fumble before and there’s no clear recovery then the ball should be placed at the spot of the fumble.
                              This is what I've always thought.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

He wasn't penalized for trying to score. He was penalized for fumbling.

People can argue that it's a dumb rule, or that it is a rule that imposes too great a penalty on a play like the Cleveland play, but the plain and simple fact of the matter is that everyone knows that's the rule, the Cleveland play is the situation where that rule comes into play most often (how many other fumbles out of the endzone do you see other than where someone is diving for the pylon?), so don't do it. It's like going back to pass from your own 1 yard line, then whining about the punitive nature of the sack where the other team gets 2 points and the ball, when with most sacks you just lose five yards or so.
                                That's all I'm saying is it's a dumb rule, and what I think the rule should be. Not that it was applied incorrectly or shouldn't be applied just because I think it's dumb.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X