Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    From a phonetics point of view, Guardians replacing Indians makes leagues more sense than Commanders replacing Redskins.
    The more I see what they did with Guardians the more I appreciate it. It works on about twelve levels. Beautifully done.

We missed our chance. It should have been the Washington Bureaucrats.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I changed my mind and decided "leaders on a mission" is worse because it's so non-specific and ambiguous that there is no point to it, so I voted for it because I want to watch the world burn. I can't want to see what milquetoast mascot choices they unveil in a couple weeks!
    "Leaders on a Mission" is 0.73 angstroms from "Do You Want to Know More?"

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    From a phonetics point of view, Guardians replacing Indians makes leagues more sense than Commanders replacing Redskins.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    I changed my mind and decided "leaders on a mission" is worse because it's so non-specific and ambiguous that there is no point to it, so I voted for it because I want to watch the world burn. I can't want to see what milquetoast mascot choices they unveil in a couple weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...song-fan-vote/

Oh those are so bad. First off, replacing "Redskins" with "Commanders" straight up adds a syllable, which is dumb. And the first option having the line "Fight for our Commanders" two lines after "Hail to the Commanders" is just bad. It's so bad it makes "Leaders on a Mission" seem like Shakespeare.
    Do people not realize that the fans will just keep their old fight song forever?

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...song-fan-vote/

Oh those are so bad. First off, replacing "Redskins" with "Commanders" straight up adds a syllable, which is dumb. And the first option having the line "Fight for our Commanders" two lines after "Hail to the Commanders" is just bad. It's so bad it makes "Leaders on a Mission" seem like Shakespeare.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Since we're using this thread for the World Athletics Championships, Sydney McLaughlin just set a new World Record in the 400m Hurdles with 50.68.

The fastest time in the semifinals for the 400m flat was 49.55. Sydney's 50.68 hurdle time would've been .03 seconds from qualifying for the 400m final.
    that was an impressive run- she blew away the field on the back straight. We can look forward to her breaking that record a few times- being so young.

Same can be said about Noah Lyles who is also young and is now the US record holder for the 200m.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Those are some exotic drugs she's taking. Probably horse meth.
    She trains in LA so I assume it’s some crazy designer s- we don’t even know about.

Or cocaine.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Those are some exotic drugs she's taking. Probably horse meth.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Since we're using this thread for the World Athletics Championships, Sydney McLaughlin just set a new World Record in the 400m Hurdles with 50.68.

The fastest time in the semifinals for the 400m flat was 49.55. Sydney's 50.68 hurdle time would've been .03 seconds from qualifying for the 400m final.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

17 was a compromise with the PA. They really wanted to go to 18. It's inevitable.
    They have 3 or 4 pre-season games to trade right? That gets them to 20.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

So when does the NFL go to 18? I assume they will just add games forever. Start stacking them 2 a week.
    17 was a compromise with the PA. They really wanted to go to 18. It's inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    So when does the NFL go to 18? I assume they will just add games forever. Start stacking them 2 a week.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Panthers ready to go 5-12 in style.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1549378611521605632

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Zach mother-effing Wilson
    Well played.

Leave a comment: