Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJHovey
    replied
    Could be interesting

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Is Stafford's wife going to whine about non-home fans at the Super Bowl or does she know how tickets for that work?

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    How long before Gronk rides the party bus off into the sunset?
    Probably like Brady intended- after the Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    How long before Gronk rides the party bus off into the sunset?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Aaaaand, the separate tweet to Patriots Nation comes out. Wondering if it was planned or reactionary. Either way, I'm glad he finally said something.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Him being a borderline HOF candidate will help sell some of that merch/meth. No one wants to buy from a no-name!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Let alone deep pockets. There's a lot of opportunity to sell licenced stuff all over New England, and since he's not getting money to throw a ball, he should consider some pay to just let someone else sell stuff with his name on it. Way more potential in all of New England than a slice of Florida.
    Florida's GDP is probably larger than all of New England's.

But it's all drugs, so Brady is going to have to start selling meth.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Brady has a perfectly curated image. I'm sure whoever is in charge of it will suck off the Boston fans and press so hard they'll be sore until next Evacuation Day. He knows those people have the thinnest skins on the planet.
    Let alone deep pockets. There's a lot of opportunity to sell licenced stuff all over New England, and since he's not getting money to throw a ball, he should consider some pay to just let someone else sell stuff with his name on it. Way more potential in all of New England than a slice of Florida.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    So, now he retires and in his prepared and planned statement - not ONE mention of the fans here. I get his exit from here wasn't the greatest but that's between him and Bill. Not the plethora of fans he has here. I'm hoping he follows up with something like a full page ad in the Boston Globe thanking fans here. What a ******* if he doesn't.
    Brady has a perfectly curated image. I'm sure whoever is in charge of it will suck off the Boston fans and press so hard they'll be sore until next Evacuation Day. He knows those people have the thinnest skins on the planet.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    He might feel like he already did that when he left. Not saying he's right to say nothing, but maybe that's the case and isn't intended as a snub.
    Last edited by state of hockey; 02-01-2022, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    You know, by virtue of where I live, I'm a fan of all sports teams here. I liked Brady, he did AMAZING things here. It was a treat to watch him. He started to get super annoying towards the end, but he was still a member of the Patriots, so whatever. Then he left on not the best of terms. Eh, it happens. It made me roll my eyes quite a bit watching his ginormous fanbase here still genuflect to him. They rooted for TB, bout TB merchandise. OK fine. The local news stations here covered stories on him for the stupidest things. HE DOESN'T PLAY HERE ANYMORE. There is no need to lead off the 6:00pm news with some frivolous story about him. Gah! People LOVE him. I get it. I do.

So, now he retires and in his prepared and planned statement - not ONE mention of the fans here. I get his exit from here wasn't the greatest but that's between him and Bill. Not the plethora of fans he has here. I'm hoping he follows up with something like a full page ad in the Boston Globe thanking fans here. What a ******* if he doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    He's calling it. He wanted to announce after the SB and he's prob a little peeved it got leaked.
    It's now official.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    This is where I once again make my case that the Cardinals are the most inept franchise in North American sports.

Oldest franchise, began playing in 1898.
    Charter member of the NFL since 1920.
    I had no idea the Cardinals existed before 1920. Were they Chicago or did they start somewhere else?

Edit: huh. Colors are from the University Chicago, that is so cool!

In 1898, Chicago painting and building contractor Chris O'Brien established an amateur Chicago-based athletic club football team named the "Morgan Athletic Club". O'Brien later moved them to Chicago's Normal Park and renamed them the "Racine Normals", since Normal Park was located on Racine Avenue in Chicago. In 1901, O'Brien bought used maroon uniforms from the University of Chicago, the colors of which had by then faded, leading O'Brien to exclaim, "That's not maroon; it's cardinal red!" It was then that the team changed its name to the "Racine Street Cardinals".[1]

The original Racine Street Cardinals team disbanded in 1906 mostly for lack of local competition. A professional team under the same name formed in 1913, claiming the previous team as part of their history. As was the case for most professional football teams in 1918, the team was forced to suspend operations for a second time due to World War I and the outbreak of the Spanish flu pandemic. It resumed operations later in the year (one of the few teams to play that year), and has since operated continuously.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-31-2022, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Cardinals and Lions will pop their cherry before the Minnesota Vikings do.
    I have a group of friends I play cards with once a week. One of the guys is originally from Michigan, loves the University of Michigan, hates Michigan State, and loves all things professional sports in Michigan, but readily acknowledges their ineptitude.

A few years ago when the Vikings signed Cousins, another of our group (an overly demented Vikings fan) got into an argument with Michigan guy over the Cousins signing. Eventually the Michigan guy said "Stafford will win a Super Bowl before Kurt Cousins," as a statement indicating his thoughts on Cousins and the signing. That challenge prompted an immediate response from our Vikings fan, and a $100 bet. At the time the rest of us basically viewed it as a bet equivalent to whether Mars or Venus will be the first to crash into earth.

It'll be an interesting couple of weeks at cards.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Cardinals and Lions will pop their cherry before the Minnesota Vikings do.
    Didn't the Vikings win Super Bowl XXVII and XXVIII?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X