Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    It's fine.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Bad choice. Shoulda been Hogs. Oh well. If the team stops sucking I guess I don't care what they're called.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    The People's Team? Is that like the People's Elbow?

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    If it was good enough for C.L.I.T., its good enough for DC.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Meh, everyone was always going to hate it. I think it's perfectly cromulent. Maybe even better than cromulent. The logo is nice.

Edit: Until I saw the bottom of it. ****.
    https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/st...ujj_7uWeXZ9jcw

THis was the first one I saw. I thought it was decent:
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-02-2022, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    So freaking lame.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Should’ve stayed as Football Team. It was one of those things that went from ironically good to actually good. Simple and unique.

But hey, now there are gradient numbers and a black alternate they can sell.

https://twitter.com/commanders/statu...565569537?s=21
    From the Comments:

It reminds me of the kind of name a movie or TV show comes up with when they can't use real team names.
    And

I’m calling dibs on becoming the Commandalorian.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    WFT has a new name:

Commanders.
    Would you like to know more?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Should’ve stayed as Football Team. It was one of those things that went from ironically good to actually good. Simple and unique.

But hey, now there are gradient numbers and a black alternate they can sell.

https://twitter.com/commanders/statu...565569537?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    WFT has a new name:

Commanders.

Lame.
    The Washington Commies!!! Appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    WFT has a new name:

Commanders.

Lame.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I saw the texts from Belicheck where he mixed up Daboll and Flores. What an idiot.

I think Flores has a decent case against the Dolphins owner. I don't doubt for a second they tried to bribe him to tank for the #1 pick or that they tried to tamper to get a QB. Without knowing my guess is it was Deshaun Watson prior to the legal issues.

I think the NFL is going to feel some heat over this.

edit: Flores likely just killed any shot he has of another job though.
    It's an interesting complaint if you read it in its entirety, but there is one part of the complaint with which I don't necessarily agree. Over and over they cite the fact that about 70% of the league is Black but only 11% of the coaches, and that this is evidence of discrimination since this overwhelming majority of Black players aren't getting a chance to coach after their playing days are done (I think that is even one of the specific allegations). The thing is, NFL head coaches very rarely come out of the former player ranks, white or black. They basically work their way up from colleges, or even high school.

The NFL has a problem, but I think that is due in large part to a similar problem that we see at the college level in terms of opportunities for black coaches. It doesn't explain why someone like Flores who now has had experience doesn't get a second chance when people like McCarthy do.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I saw the texts from Belicheck where he mixed up Daboll and Flores. What an idiot.

I think Flores has a decent case against the Dolphins owner. I don't doubt for a second they tried to bribe him to tank for the #1 pick or that they tried to tamper to get a QB. Without knowing my guess is it was Deshaun Watson prior to the legal issues.

Pats need a defensive coordinator. A real one, not Steve Belichick.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Last edited by Handyman; 02-01-2022, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I think he has a pretty good case. He's also my top pick for coach. Unfortunately we'll end up with the Harbaugh clown.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X