Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Like the Astros, Mighty Ducks, and Raptors it is a terrible idea to name a team after a fad which IMMEDIATELY dates itself.

Only exception: Les Expos. Combat moi.
    I liked Mighty Ducks, but that may be due to my age. And also growing up somewhere like Virginia those movies were my introduction to hockey (I know, I know). And it's a hell of a lot more interesting than just "Ducks".

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Pro Bowl weekend. No one cares about it. No one likes it. No one talks about it. Yet it still pulls NBA finals ratings.
    At least the uniforms aren't as hideous as they've been the past few years.

Edit: So this is the first time in years I've watched more than a couple minutes of a Pro Bowl. So they play two-hand touch now? Why are they even wearing pads?
    Last edited by rufus; 02-06-2022, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Like the Astros, Mighty Ducks, and Raptors it is a terrible idea to name a team after a fad which IMMEDIATELY dates itself.

I don’t think Astros is terrible. NASA is still in Houston. There are still astronauts. There isn’t a space race front and center anymore, but it’s still relevant to the city.

If anything hurt the Astros name, it was them tying their identity to their stadium for 30 years. That and Astroturf becoming the Kleenex of artificial turf. Now the first two things people think of when they hear Astro is the dome and plastic grass.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Even when the Raptors was relevant I thought that name was stupid...and I loved Jurassic Park.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The Kraken is just a ridiculous name...

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The Kraken is just a ridiculous name...
    I'm still hoping for "Rain City B*tch Pigeons" alternate jerseys....

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Pro Bowl weekend. No one cares about it. No one likes it. No one talks about it. Yet it still pulls NBA finals ratings.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    When you have money on the games it is 10 times more nutso!

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    I think another measure to make that information richer would be how many were decided on the last play of the game.

And one more degree of richness would be more minor- winning score inside the two min warning but not the last play.

Then add that to the number of games less than a score apart- since it would add a "drama" score- like a 7-3 game decided in the first quarter would not be as exciting as one where that was not the score with 2 min left, or up to the last play of the game.

One more possible richness- number of lead changes or equals inside the last 2 min (counting OT). For most of the games, there was just one, the OT games had two, but that Bill-Chiefs game had 5.

Basically, adding those would make this season quite a bit more special.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Looks like I picked a bad year to stop watching the NFL.

I didn't go back to look at other years but this season there's been 8 one-score games if you include the WC round.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-04-2022, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Looks like I picked a bad year to stop watching the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

We are going to get this for all 32 teams, right? Like Drew Magary's "why your team sucks."
    Uh, not all teams. Unless it's April 1st, how can the Lions be part of that?

Leave a comment:

• cF[Authentic]
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Rodgers to the Titans?
    As a Packers fan, I hope they ship him off to a team nowhere close to a championship who have lots of high draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Rodgers to the Titans?
    We are going to get this for all 32 teams, right? Like Drew Magary's "why your team sucks."

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Rodgers to the Titans?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X