Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

And the OPI missed call was somewhat just based on how it occurred. The only official that had a chance at a good line of sight on it was the back judge, and depending on who his primary responsibility was before the pass, he may not have been in great position to see it either. The side judge who was closest wouldn't have seen it without xray vision, and ditto the line judge behind the play.
    Not sure how it was just missed like that, the receiver reached back and forward, defender goes the direction of his arms, then he reaches back catches the ball and runs. With the defender on the ground. It wasn't as if he just lost his footing. The addition of his head turning around in an unnatural direction was just icing on the cake.

There were more than the one ref on the field, and more than one could have called that.

In the end, it was good that the missed call didn't win the game.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The holding call was close, but the PI call probably prevented a TD, so it had to be called.

And the lack of an OPI call did result in a TD.

Other than that, there was not a lot of complaining from the receivers of no calls.
    And the OPI missed call was somewhat just based on how it occurred. The only official that had a chance at a good line of sight on it was the back judge, and depending on who his primary responsibility was before the pass, he may not have been in great position to see it either. The side judge who was closest wouldn't have seen it without xray vision, and ditto the line judge behind the play.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Kirk wasn't the only fascist the halftime show triggered.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Eminem is not so good with the lip syncing. My brother is there, said the loudest response was to Lose Yourself and should have ended the show.
    He may have been lip syncing- but the drummer for him very much wasn't. To get it that right when it's that much is really hard to impossible. That was cool.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Refs let stuff go all game and then with a minute and change decide to call it tight. No wonder folks think the NFL is scripted. Who thinks Burrow has another ACL tear?
    The holding call was close, but the PI call probably prevented a TD, so it had to be called.

And the lack of an OPI call did result in a TD.

Other than that, there was not a lot of complaining from the receivers of no calls.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Refs let stuff go all game and then with a minute and change decide to call it tight. No wonder folks think the NFL is scripted. Who thinks Burrow has another ACL tear?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    My god:

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yup, it was a big enough deal leading up to it that Dr. Mrs. actually said "welp, the NFL aint gonna like that, he was expressly told not to do it" right as he did it. I had no idea, but my god they're stupid as by telling him not to they guaranteed he would.
    They might’ve just been looking for the wink-and-a-nod cover to not get the Drumpfists too upset with by saying that to MM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Sweet jesus

https://twitter.com/thedickbutkus/st...838670336?s=21

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Four hours for a football game is Ludacris, who I’m surprised also wasn’t in the halftime show.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Apparently Eminem was told not to kneel
    Yup, it was a big enough deal leading up to it that Dr. Mrs. actually said "welp, the NFL aint gonna like that, he was expressly told not to do it" right as he did it. I had no idea, but my god they're stupid as by telling him not to they guaranteed he would.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    What was the other one? I only paying so much attention to the game tonight. Too much else happening here.
    Bengals' TD, when he pulled Ramsey down by the facemask.

The holding call on the Cincy linebacker that gave the rams a first and goal was a pretty ticky-tack call. The PI on the defensive back at the goal line wasn't egregious, but it needed to be called.
    Last edited by rufus; 02-13-2022, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

I look at it as the two **** calls make it a wash.
    What was the other one? I only paying so much attention to the game tonight. Too much else happening here.
    Last edited by St. Clown; 02-13-2022, 10:24 PM. Reason: Spellering

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Apparently Eminem was told not to kneel

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    What cost the Rams more money, all of the free agents or that defensive holding call?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X