Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could be interesting
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I think he has a pretty good case. He's also my top pick for coach. Unfortunately we'll end up with the Harbaugh clown.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I saw the texts from Belicheck where he mixed up Daboll and Flores. What an idiot.

I think Flores has a decent case against the Dolphins owner. I don't doubt for a second they tried to bribe him to tank for the #1 pick or that they tried to tamper to get a QB. Without knowing my guess is it was Deshaun Watson prior to the legal issues.

I think the NFL is going to feel some heat over this.

edit: Flores likely just killed any shot he has of another job though.
        Last edited by Handyman; 02-01-2022, 04:24 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I saw the texts from Belicheck where he mixed up Daboll and Flores. What an idiot.

I think Flores has a decent case against the Dolphins owner. I don't doubt for a second they tried to bribe him to tank for the #1 pick or that they tried to tamper to get a QB. Without knowing my guess is it was Deshaun Watson prior to the legal issues.

Pats need a defensive coordinator. A real one, not Steve Belichick.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I saw the texts from Belicheck where he mixed up Daboll and Flores. What an idiot.

It's an interesting complaint if you read it in its entirety, but there is one part of the complaint with which I don't necessarily agree. Over and over they cite the fact that about 70% of the league is Black but only 11% of the coaches, and that this is evidence of discrimination since this overwhelming majority of Black players aren't getting a chance to coach after their playing days are done (I think that is even one of the specific allegations). The thing is, NFL head coaches very rarely come out of the former player ranks, white or black. They basically work their way up from colleges, or even high school.

The NFL has a problem, but I think that is due in large part to a similar problem that we see at the college level in terms of opportunities for black coaches. It doesn't explain why someone like Flores who now has had experience doesn't get a second chance when people like McCarthy do.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• WFT has a new name:

Commanders.

Lame.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                WFT has a new name:

Commanders.

Lame.
                The Washington Commies!!! Appropriate.

Comment

• Should’ve stayed as Football Team. It was one of those things that went from ironically good to actually good. Simple and unique.

But hey, now there are gradient numbers and a black alternate they can sell.

https://twitter.com/commanders/statu...565569537?s=21
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    WFT has a new name:

Commanders.
                    Would you like to know more?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Should’ve stayed as Football Team. It was one of those things that went from ironically good to actually good. Simple and unique.

But hey, now there are gradient numbers and a black alternate they can sell.

https://twitter.com/commanders/statu...565569537?s=21
                      From the Comments:

It reminds me of the kind of name a movie or TV show comes up with when they can't use real team names.
                      And

I’m calling dibs on becoming the Commandalorian.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So freaking lame.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Meh, everyone was always going to hate it. I think it's perfectly cromulent. Maybe even better than cromulent. The logo is nice.

Edit: Until I saw the bottom of it. ****.
                          https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/st...ujj_7uWeXZ9jcw

THis was the first one I saw. I thought it was decent:
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-02-2022, 09:39 AM.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• If it was good enough for C.L.I.T., its good enough for DC.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• The People's Team? Is that like the People's Elbow?

Comment

• Bad choice. Shoulda been Hogs. Oh well. If the team stops sucking I guess I don't care what they're called.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X