Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Jacksonville fired Urban overnight. Khan didn’t immediately point to the story that came out yesterday of Urban kicking a former kicker during stretches and then verbally abusing him, but no doubt that was the final straw.
    He pretty much destroyed his reputation, at least outside of OSU eyes. And I wonder if it's set back some of the potential college coach jumps to the NFL....

    Maybe not, though- he started his tenure there really badly.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

      He pretty much destroyed his reputation, at least outside of OSU eyes. And I wonder if it's set back some of the potential college coach jumps to the NFL....

      Maybe not, though- he started his tenure there really badly.
      Kingsbury is doing pretty good, so I don’t think it’ll poison the well.

      although…
      https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...424827392?s=21

      Here’s a list of all the college coaches who made the jump since 2000. Overall it’s not great. A couple like Kelly and O’Brien had great starts before fizzling out, but really it’s just Harbaugh and Kingsbury that have had good success and/or showing improvement. Rhule is still TBA since his best player keeps getting hurt. Given all those results I’m surprised teams keep taking stabs at the college ranks.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

        Kingsbury is doing pretty good, so I don’t think it’ll poison the well.

        although…
        https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...424827392?s=21

        Here’s a list of all the college coaches who made the jump since 2000. Overall it’s not great. A couple like Kelly and O’Brien had great starts before fizzling out, but really it’s just Harbaugh and Kingsbury that have had good success and/or showing improvement. Rhule is still TBA since his best player keeps getting hurt. Given all those results I’m surprised teams keep taking stabs at the college ranks.
        I'd wager that there is some stigma associated with just going out and using "retreads" for your HC's... Especially if it's a stiuation like JAX where losing has been persistent for a while.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

        Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

        Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

        Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

        Comment


        • NFL rescheduling games again due to Covid.
          LV @ CLE from Sat to Mon
          SEA @ LAR and WAS @ PHI from Sun to Tue
          A bad cause requires many words.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            NFL rescheduling games again due to Covid.
            LV @ CLE from Sat to Mon
            SEA @ LAR and WAS @ PHI from Sun to Tue
            I saw on the ticker that a player from Philly is complaining that originally the NFL said if you can’t play, you forfeit.

            I think that player forgot a key point of that original rule — if a forfeit occurs, both teams don’t get paid. So, is he willing to lose 1/17th of his salary just to get a forfeit win…?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

              I saw on the ticker that a player from Philly is complaining that originally the NFL said if you can’t play, you forfeit.

              I think that player forgot a key point of that original rule — if a forfeit occurs, both teams don’t get paid. So, is he willing to lose 1/17th of his salary just to get a forfeit win…?
              Though a forfeit would give them a win, and a divisional win, during a heated playoff run. So it comes down to team or bank account. (Do they get paid more for making the playoffs?)

              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


              KDR

              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

              Test to see if I can add this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                Though a forfeit would give them a win, and a divisional win, during a heated playoff run. So it comes down to team or bank account. (Do they get paid more for making the playoffs?)
                Teams get money from the league depending on how far you go. But it’s really not much compared to the salaries they pull in. And the salaries are only for the regular season. You are basically playing for free in the playoffs, unless you have a bonus structure built into your contract.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

                Comment


                • Dan Campbell may be a good guy, and he really shows his emotions and desire to win and all.

                  But I really think he's a crappy coach. This is the 14th game the Lions have played this season, and out of the two drives I've seen, both of them had a stupid procedure called on the offense. One of them was on a 4th down play that looked like it would have worked.

                  How many games does it take to get your line to be actually focused on the game?

                  I realize that this team has almost no talent, but if that is actually the case, shouldn't the coaching staff do everything they can to prevent mental penalties? They can't be constantly be sabotaging their own effort like that. That is 100% coaching.

                  Comment


                  • I thought after Meyer got fired the Jags might show a little spark but they didn't getting blown out at home by Houston.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      I thought after Meyer got fired the Jags might show a little spark but they didn't getting blown out at home by Houston.
                      They need to win a game, badly. The Lions are in the process of giving away Aidan Hutcheson.

                      Comment


                      • Glad I'm not a Baltimore fan. Two weeks in a row they make a great comeback to score in last min of the game. Both times they go for two and the win, both times they don't get it. Both times it was running someone to the pylon, and both times the throw was off, badly.

                        At least open up the playbook....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                          They need to win a game, badly. The Lions are in the process of giving away Aidan Hutcheson.
                          @ the Jests, @ NE, home against the Colts. I know the "any given Sunday" adage but I just don't see that win forthcoming.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            Glad I'm not a Baltimore fan. Two weeks in a row they make a great comeback to score in last min of the game. Both times they go for two and the win, both times they don't get it. Both times it was running someone to the pylon, and both times the throw was off, badly.

                            At least open up the playbook....
                            I understand having the momentum and trying to end the game right there, but they also just sliced through the GB defense twice. The Packers have not been all that great in OT under Rodgers. Kick it and go to OT.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                            1966, 1986, 2007

                            Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                            Comment


                            • As of today, Green Bay is the only team that has clinched a playoff berth.

                              The Cardinals and Bucs could’ve gotten in with wins, but both failed to do so. The Cardinals had nine different avenues to get in, the easiest being a win against Detroit, but the only one left now is a Minnesota loss and Philly/Washington tie.

                              Oddly, Philadelphia/Washington ending in a tie looks like it could get all of Arizona, Dallas, Tampa, and the Rams in.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                              1966, 1986, 2007

                              Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                              Comment


                              • I was in the Navy home on leave when this happened ,

                                https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25469134
                                A bad cause requires many words.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X