Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And all of that kind of depends on the Trump campaign being better at filing their paperwork more correctly than the Trump administration that got shot down by the Supremes repeatedly for failing at administrative issues and claiming unlimited immunity. In short: I don't like his lawyers' competence.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• I think a contingent election is predicated upon each state’s US house delegation getting one vote, not the representatives themselves, so even if the House didn’t flip back, Republicans would still likely have a 26-23 or 26-24 lead in states they control, and therefore, they could choose Trump. I don’t think any of that is going to happen anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
        I think a contingent election is predicated upon each state’s US house delegation getting one vote, not the representatives themselves, so even if the House didn’t flip back, Republicans would still likely have a 26-23 or 26-24 lead in states they control, and therefore, they could choose Trump. I don’t think any of that is going to happen anyways.
        Yes you are correct. But to get to the Contingent Election they would need to cancel out singular votes through challenge to the point that no one gets to 270. (there is about .0000000000000000001% chance that would happen with one vote let alone enough to muck up the election) Unless a third party mucks up the numbers.

Basically the only way Congress could award Trump the Presidency is if somehow no one gets to 270 AND the House flips by a pretty solid margin.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• My point in bringing this up isn't to blast Kep. It's because I want to be on the lookout for realistic scenarios and not faulty ones. These Tim Wirth inspired ploys all fall down on trying to inject current GOP held offices (Senate, State legislature, etc) into the electoral process where they don't actually exist. I'm concerned about any state where Goopers hold the secretary of state office or the state supreme court. For example if rather not see the election come down to Wisconsin. But unlike 2016 Republicans don't hold power to affect vote counts and certifications in enough swing states to throw the election.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            My point in bringing this up isn't to blast Kep. It's because I want to be on the lookout for realistic scenarios and not faulty ones. These Tim Wirth inspired ploys all fall down on trying to inject current GOP held offices (Senate, State legislature, etc) into the electoral process where they don't actually exist. I'm concerned about any state where Goopers hold the secretary of state office or the state supreme court. For example if rather not see the election come down to Wisconsin. But unlike 2016 Republicans don't hold power to affect vote counts and certifications in enough swing states to throw the election.
            I agree. Barring a disaster, like Biden dressing up in blackface for the first debate, he’s on pace to win by 5-7 points, and bring the Senate with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I agree. Barring a disaster, like Biden dressing up in blackface for the first debate, he’s on pace to win by 5-7 points, and bring the Senate with him.
              Parise willing, he and RBG will stay healthy until Nov. 3 (him) and Jan 20 (her).

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Parise willing, he and RBG will stay healthy until Nov. 3 (him) and Jan 20 (her).
                If she wanted to troll Trump she’d die on Jan 20th at 11:50 AM, after a Biden win

(I’m not wishing death on anyone)
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• I'm not feeling attacked; I'm feeling misunderstood.

My point in constructing a catastrophic scenario is not to assess probability. It's to learn the lesson of the Titanic: dismissing the worst case as impossible has an enormous cost for what would have been pennies on the dollar in prophylaxis.

The takeaway is not the click-bait titillating paranoid fantasy. If you want, ignore all that. It's the insurance coda: what extremely cheap things can we do today to prevent any chance of an apocalyptic cost tomorrow?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

If she wanted to troll Trump she’d die on Jan 20th at 11:50 AM, after a Biden win

Nah, that'll be the Deep State trolling Dump by murdering RBG when they take her off the life support she's been on for years. You gotta get your MAGAt conspiracies straight. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

If you're really trolling and the Dems have taken the Senate with 52 or so, the spot opens up January 4th, where Trump can see the open seat for 16 days against a Democratic Senate.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• I feel like he’s talking about someone on his side

https://mobile.***********/l_amour_g...40149085364224

Comment

• The R's are right about voter fraud.

https://www.cjonline.com/news/202007...ed-voter-fraud
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Jeff Sessions getting crushed last night by an ex football coach who hasn't lived or voted in Alabama in like a decade is pretty funny. However I have to wonder how many people are going to go all in on the Chump only to get thrown under the bus before they realize they're all disposable on a moment's notice. Sessions could have held that seat right up until he got sent to hell. Now he's a laughingstock who'd better hope Trump loses if he wants to work as a lobbyist anytime soon. Wonder if it was all worth it.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• According to DKE, a new Democratic-funded Super PAC has put down $850k to help Kobach win the GOP nomination in August. A GOP-backed Super PAC with close ties to McConnell is spending $3 million to stop Kobach.
                              Also, Steve Watkins, GOP Rep. in KS-2, has been charged with three felonies and a misdemeanor for listing a UPS store as his voting address last year. He faces a credible intra-party challenger, and KS-2 is a competitive seat. Another pickup opportunity for Democrats, and they apparently have a credible challenger.

Comment

• So I was just thinking, since the only way we will ever admit PR as a state is if we have a Dem supermajority, what is the most states we could admit it as? It would appear that the minimum population for admission is still, after 230+ years, 60k. PR has 3 million people.

So let's admit is as 50 states!
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X