This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I, for one, will welcome our new Senator.
    They’ll be a Trump *** licker

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      They’ll be a Trump *** licker
      I’ve stated this before but Murkowski gets elected because she draws centrist Dem voters and enough righties who grumble but stick with the team.

Now, her centrist support is eroding because of her dealings with Trump and impeachment and her right support is eroding because of Trump.

Any decent Dem candidate, of which I can think of two or three, can clean up with 45% and win.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: 116th Congress - Episode 3: Impeach the Motherf**er

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        I’ve stated this before but Murkowski gets elected because she draws centrist Dem voters and enough righties who grumble but stick with the team.

Now, her centrist support is eroding because of her dealings with Trump and impeachment and her right support is eroding because of Trump.

Any decent Dem candidate, of which I can think of two or three, can clean up with 45% and win.
        that's good news! Any chance she loses the primary and runs in the general as a write in again?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          that's good news! Any chance she loses the primary and runs in the general as a write in again?
          She can always try waving to the peasants more at Anchorage airport in order to boost her popularity.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            She can always try waving to the peasants more at Anchorage airport in order to boost her popularity.
            You think she flies she commercial?
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              *shrug* depends on how the primary goes.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

I hope so. She could have shored up her Dem base if she hadn't gone Susan Collins on the bit.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  The bill under debate has an element of BS to it.

The bill adds a new section, section 250, to the US Code that defines federal civil rights crimes. The new section, section 250, is labeled as "lynching."

So what does this new "lynching" section do, or how is it defined? Basically it's defined as conspiring with another person to violate one of those federal civil rights crimes that are already on the books.

But the federal civil rights crimes encompass a broad spectrum of acts, including interference or intimidation related to voting, education, housing, etc... If some idiot attempts to intimidate or interfere with the right to vote due to that person's race, it's a crime, but I don't think anyone would say that victim has been "lynched." So, does conspiring to do it with another person turn it into a lynching?

Furthermore, there is already a conspiracy element associated with the federal civil rights crimes. It's section 241. Do we need another, just so we can call it lynching?

To me it does seem to cheapen the definition of lynching, which is a heinous part of our history.

Maybe I'm reading the bill wrong, but I don't think so.

Here are the federal civil rights crimes currently on the books, and here is the text of the bill under debate (you have to scroll down to read section 250).
                  You think that is why Rand went on his rant? You might be right about the bill (I havent read it) but there is about .000000001% chance that is why Rand was saying what he was saying and I know you are smart enough to know that.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    You think that is why Rand went on his rant? You might be right about the bill (I havent read it) but there is about .000000001% chance that is why Rand was saying what he was saying and I know you are smart enough to know that.
                    I don't know what Rand's motives are, and frankly I didn't even read any stories that detailed his complaints. I just heard that he was objecting to passage of a law that would make lynching a federal crime, and my first thought was "what???" Why would anyone oppose that. Seemed like a strange hill to defend.

So that caused me to google the text of the bill, and frankly my response then became "w t f." What does this thing even do? It certainly doesn't say that it's against the law to take a rope and hang someone with it.

But as for Rand's motives, I have no idea, and frankly, I'm not that interested in his motives. I just think it'll be interesting when a prosecutor stands up and claims the defendants lynched three African Americans, and then the jury finds out that what really happened is that the defendants conspired to deny access to housing.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      That makes one of us.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        The first clue was when Rand started, “No, see, when we LYNCH negroes, what we do is....”
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          The first clue was when Rand started, “No, see, when we LYNCH negroes, what we do is....”
                          Don't exaggerate. He didn't call them negroes. He called them depreciation-qualifying farm equipment units.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-05-2020, 01:10 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.fitsnews.com/2020/06/05/...ave-a-problem/

Comment

I was wondering why that was trending earlier...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In case he is... it's not like we're automatically going to welcome him into the fold. Same thing with Kevin Spacey.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X