X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress - Episode 3: Impeach the Motherf**er

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Don’t be gross!!
    Let's hear it for 6th grade, ladies and gentlemen!
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Do we know much about Meredith College polling history and trends? Sorry, I've learned to hold back on getting too excited.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The GOP is gonna primary her ***.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

The GOP is gonna primary her ***.
          I hope Collins manages to successfully primary her. I think he gives Democrats a better chance in GA. I also hope Kris Kobach wins in Kansas come August, since that’ll make that race more interesting, even if Kansas hasn’t elected a Democrat to the Senate since the previous Great Depression in this country.
          AZ, CO, ME, NC. Win those four. Lose AL. Win the Presidency. Hold the House. Ram some sh-t through budget reconciliation. Replace Ginsburg/Breyer. We got this.

Comment

Kobach is still a thing? Wow Kansas.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Kobach is still a thing? Wow Kansas.
              Yep. A simple plurality will win the nod for Kobach against plenty of strong GOP competition, and he’s got plenty of help ($) on his side. The Club for Growth and Peter Thiel, to name a couple. I think a few political handicappers have the race lean Republican because of the potential for Kobach to win the GOP nomination. That, and Democrats have a strong fundraiser former Republican as their nominee. Hell, I think she was a Republican as late as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                Yep. A simple plurality will win the nod for Kobach against plenty of strong GOP competition, and he’s got plenty of help ($) on his side. The Club for Growth and Peter Thiel, to name a couple.
                I wonder if the money will cut him loose. He is so toxic and there are plenty of those "drown it in a bathtub" morons around.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I wonder if the money will cut him loose. He is so toxic and there are plenty of those "drown it in a bathtub" morons around.
                  Since I’m certainly not an avid follower of Kansas politics, there’s a chance you could be right. From the articles I’ve scoured, the Club for Growth hates U.S. Rep. Roger Marshall, Kobach’s main primary foe, and unsuccessfully spent millions against him to help Tim Huelskamp, who held that seat before Marshall. The Club has already spent millions against Marshall in this race, so they’re not directly helping Kobach, per se. I admit to knowing next to nothing about Peter Thiel, but he donated $350k directly to a Kobach Super PAC. $350k can probably last a while in Kansas. The Kansas GOP “establishment” apparently asked two candidates to drop out recently, setting up a Marshall vs. Kobach primary. So far, they’ve declined. Even if Kobach prevails, I think the Senate majority path for Democrats still goes through CO, ME, AZ, and NC first. IA, MT, KS, and GA #1/#2 are a tier or two below.

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                    Since I’m certainly not an avid follower of Kansas politics, there’s a chance you could be right. From the articles I’ve scoured, the Club for Growth hates U.S. Rep. Roger Marshall, Kobach’s main primary foe, and unsuccessfully spent millions against him to help Tim Huelskamp, who held that seat before Marshall. The Club has already spent millions against Marshall in this race, so they’re not directly helping Kobach, per se. I admit to knowing next to nothing about Peter Thiel, but he donated $350k directly to a Kobach Super PAC. $350k can probably last a while in Kansas. The Kansas GOP “establishment” apparently asked two candidates to drop out recently, setting up a Marshall vs. Kobach primary. So far, they’ve declined. Even if Kobach prevails, I think the Senate majority path for Democrats still goes through CO, ME, AZ, and NC first. IA, MT, KS, and GA #1/#2 are a tier or two below.
                    I think the dynamics of the 2020 election are going to push red states farther red. The nutbars are going to go all out. The hope is the Nazi wave will repel everybody else and all the purples will fall to us.

That's the Plan, anyway.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Aw Joni.

“ BREAKING: The Senate race in Iowa is tightening, according to a new poll Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-Iowa) lead over her likely Democratic opponent Theresa Greenfield has narrowed to just 1 point. The poll, from the Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling (PPP), also shows Ernst’s approval rating in her home state is underwater. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said they approve of the job she’s doing in office compared to 43 percent who disapprove.

http://hill.cm/kqoKjTV

Comment

Aw Joni.

“ BREAKING: The Senate race in Iowa is tightening, according to a new poll Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-Iowa) lead over her likely Democratic opponent Theresa Greenfield has narrowed to just 1 point. The poll, from the Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling (PPP), also shows Ernst’s approval rating in her home state is underwater. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said they approve of the job she’s doing in office compared to 43 percent who disapprove.

First term senators are usually the easiest to pick off, aside from appointed senators who are total fuk ups of course (Loeffler, McSally) . That means AZ, CO, IA, NC, GA and even MT. Not saying Dems are going to win all of these, but you've got to go all out before they get established in those seats. Manchin and Tester for example don't win those seats in 2018 if they hadn't already established some goodwill from a decade or so in office. Collins has also been riding that for years although hopefully her luck has finally run out.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Aw Joni.

I'm still pessimistic, but the one bright spot no matter what is that any money spent propping up Joni is one less dollar spent in Maine or Colorado.

My reason for pessimism is the governor's race two years ago. Granted the Dems nominated the wrong candidate who appealed to pretty much no one, but it boggles my mind that the Dems took 3 of 4 US house seats but still couldn't take the governor's mansion. About 90,000 people (net) apparently split their ticket between Reynolds and the Dem candidate for the US house. Almost half of that could be attributed to people from Steve King's district who are otherwise Rs but couldn't bring themselves to vote for him, but that still means there were others around the state that wanted a D in Washington but were fine with Rs controlling the state.

Comment

If the Senate ends up tied 50/50, I suspect we might see Manchin accept an offer to switch parties.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              If the Senate ends up tied 50/50, I suspect we might see Manchin accept an offer to switch parties.
                              If the senate gets to 50:50, the house and oval office will be controlled by Dems. What the hell could Republicans offer that the Dems don't own the rights to give at that point?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                If the senate gets to 50:50, the house and oval office will be controlled by Dems. What the hell could Republicans offer that the Dems don't own the rights to give at that point?
                                Agreed. That doesn't make sense. Not only that but I'm not sure how welcome Manchin is going to be in the GOP cult since he already voted to convict Chump on the impeachment charges. Finally, Itch went all out to defeat Manchin in 2018 as well and the two are said to not like each other at all.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X