X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress - Episode 3: Impeach the Motherf**er

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Amash said he is still deciding on whether to run again. If he does it will either be independent or Libertarian. On Twitter there are a bunch of people telling him not to run because it will hurt Biden. I'm trying to wrap my head around that logic. The people pushing it are saying that it could possibly take away votes from Biden because of moderate Republicans who may be thinking of going for Biden. I want to say it's trolls, but it's a weird troll job for a single congressional district, even if he is polarizing.

1. I feel like the Amash/Biden venn diagram is incredibly small. It'd be more likely to be Amash/Libertarian or Amash/No Vote than Amash/Biden.
    2. Even still, it's not like you can't vote for a Dem as president and another party down ballot. Voting for Amash doesn't stop you from voting for Biden.
    3. If the view is that tt's going hurt Biden legislatively, it's going to siphon far more voters from Republican to Amash than Republican to Democrat would in that district. A three way vote is the only way the Dem has a chance, and honestly I think a three way vote is a pretty good chance for a Dem since it went 54-43 to Amash in 2018.
    Paradox: if Amash is popular enough among moderate GOPers to steal votes from Dump then he may bring more to the polls to vote for him... but then GOP downticket.

I would rather this be just 1x1. Safest. Don't play the angles, just beat the Nazis.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There are very few moderate Goopers in Amash's district. Except for the parts of Grand Rapids in MI-3, it's pretty much cows and corn. He was elected during the Teabagger wave in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Paradox: if Amash is popular enough among moderate GOPers to steal votes from Dump then he may bring more to the polls to vote for him... but then GOP downticket.

I would rather this be just 1x1. Safest. Don't play the angles, just beat the Nazis.
        100% agree.

I don’t think he’s pulling people from trump more than Biden. Trump voters are locked up and won’t vote for anyone else. The only people who are waffling are conservatives who either won’t vote or will reluctantly vote for Biden. Give them a choice and of course they’ll do the stupid thing and vote for Amash instead of maybe pulling for Biden.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Remember when ex-CIA, rock-ribbed, principled conservative family man Evan McMullin was supposed to steal enough votes from Chump to sink him? How'd that turn out?

He split the "Not Trump" vote in Utah, and Chump won with only 45% of the vote.

Comment

Yeah I want him nowhere near the eleven. Trump won't beat Biden one on one.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Justin Amash should not run for president this year

The evidence we do have suggests that an Amash run would be a Trump-helping redux of 2016. A poll conducted in late May 2019 of 600 likely Michigan voters tested Amash in a hypothetical three-way White House race against Trump and Joe Biden.
              According to the poll, Biden beat Trump by 12 percentage points head-to-head, but when Amash was added to the field, his lead dropped to 6 percentage points.
              Richard Czuba, who conducted the poll for the Glengariff Group, said this to the Detroit News back when the poll was released:
              He will not take away Republican votes from Trump. What he will do is give independent voters who don’t want to support President Trump an outlet to not vote for the Democrat. And if you look at who or what would be moving toward Amash, it is particularly independent men.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I didn’t even contemplate a presidential run. This whole time I was only thinking of running again in MI-03.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I didn’t even contemplate a presidential run. This whole time I was only thinking of running again in MI-03.
                  Yeah, he's been floating the idea of running for the Loonitarian nomination for POTUS, or as an indie like McMullin did.

Dudes who would vote for him are the small number of West Michigan religious conservatives who are smart enough to see through Trump's act, but still drink enough right-wing Koolaid to think Biden = T3h C0mmun1sm!!1!1!!1

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Yeah, he's been floating the idea of running for the Loonitarian nomination for POTUS, or as an indie like McMullin did.

Dudes who would vote for him are the small number of West Michigan religious conservatives who are smart enough to see through Trump's act, but still drink enough right-wing Koolaid to think Biden = T3h C0mmun1sm!!1!1!!1
                    You mean the Stoner and Avid Cyclist from New Mexico isn't running this year?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      You mean the Stoner and Avid Cyclist from New Mexico isn't running this year?
                      He retired to his home in Taos, presumably to live a gluten-free life and do lots of ayahuasca. Most Lutherans are pretty liberal about that sort of thing.

Comment

Yes, get fired up at Nancy. Not your brainless king

Comment

Dan Crenshaw is on Maher tonight. He’s more of an insufferable ***** than Bill, yikes

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Dan Crenshaw is on Maher tonight. He’s more of an insufferable ***** than Bill, yikes
                            I don't need to watch to confirm, I already knew he'd worn out all the goodwill he generated after the Pete Davidson thing by trying to be the right wing Briahna Joy Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Is that the pirate? When he was elected I actually had hope he might not be a dink, but he wound up being just another brainless Republican a-hole.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Is that the pirate? When he was elected I actually had hope he might not be a dink, but he wound up being just another brainless Republican a-hole.
                                Yes, the ****ty right wing derp one eyed pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X