Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Sicatoka,

There is no way the Big Ten would do that set up.
    I'm not going to disagree, I'm just going to point out we're in bizarro-world. Proof? Saying "Big Ten members Maryland and Rutgers ... " would've gotten you a room in the asylum just ten years ago.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Baylor is not making it in the Pac-12 for the same reason BYU did not.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• The Dallas Morning News is reporting a Texas/OU to SEC deal could be done by the end of ... today.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Geographically it makes sense but it likely means either protected games (which makes the whole pod scheduling thing rather moot) or the destruction of rivalries. The Big Ten will never risk sacrificing "The Game" because the media still pretends it matters like it did back in the day. (not to mention Iowa-Minnesoat)
          The geography does make sense.
          And the B1G would do whatever it takes to keep top money games continuing.

Football schedule?
          - You play the three in your quadrangle (3 games)
          - You play one other quad on a rotating basis (4 games)
          - You play one "always" or "rival" game (1 game)

Presto! Eight game conference schedule.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Baylor is not making it in the Pac-12 for the same reason BYU did not.
            Magic underwear?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I can't find the quote, but the old late 1990s WAC commish has to be chuckling. He fell victim to ...

The presidents of Air Force, BYU, Colorado State, Utah, and Wyoming met in 1998 at Denver International Airport and agreed to split off to form a new league. The breakaway group invited old-line WAC schools New Mexico and San Diego State and newcomer UNLV to join them in the new Mountain West Conference, which began competition in 1999.
              The quote went something like, 'The problem with a 16 team conference is that one morning you wake up and have two eight team conferences.'

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Magic underwear?
                Every conference wants one private school. Why? Because FOIA laws don't apply as you have to protect the private school's privacy even in meeting with a dozen public schools.

It's why Vandy is in the SEC and Northwestern in the B1G.

The PAC12 has theirs (USC, Stanford) already, and I'd guess they don't want Baylor and TCU (too religiousy).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's good to see your inferiority complex extends to fellow flyovers, too.

A school doesn't have an "ego," it has a ledger. Notre Dame's refusals are about dollars, nothing else.

What is it like living thinking everybody is NOT GIVING YOU THE RESPECT YOU DESERVE!!!?
                  Notre Dame is literally a big ego. Blame on the Irish Catholics and NBC. Hell they revel in it!

I have no inferiority complex for Notre Dame...its a great school. I respect all great schools. Their fans are a different story. ;^)

I was speaking of the Big Ten not me personally. Notre Dame hardly registers as a team to me because my team never plays them. (except in hockey) Unless you think I am in fact the Big Ten...and if that is the case I am being drastically underpaid. If Notre Dame joined tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eye. I am way too detached from sports these days to care about the ins and outs of this crap. Just tell me the game time and I will watch if I have nothing better to do.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I'm not going to disagree, I'm just going to point out we're in bizarro-world. Proof? Saying "Big Ten members Maryland and Rutgers ... " would've gotten you a room in the asylum just ten years ago.
                    True story.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Every conference wants one private school. Why? Because FOIA laws don't apply as you have to protect the private school's privacy even in meeting with a dozen public schools.
                      Nope. You can't FOIA athletic conferences because they're private non-governnental entities themselves. The membership has nothing to do with it.

You can FOIA individual schools within the conference all you want if they're public institutions. But they are only obligated to disclose their own records.
                      Last edited by unofan; 07-26-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Northwestern is not in the Big Ten because of FOIA rules...that is ridiculous.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Nope.
                          That was told to me by a former AAD (and JD) at a B1G school. I guess I got bad information from them. They claimed meeting minutes involving all participants got protected from FOIA because of the presence of a private; and, if the room had been all publics the minutes would be FOIA available. (I probably missed some legal nuance in what I was told.)
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-26-2021, 10:18 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And thus it begins ...

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...t-media-rights

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• https://***********/Brett_McMurphy/s...19218724065296

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• In 2016, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard made this prescient statement: "The Big 12 exists because we have Texas and Oklahoma in the room. If we take Texas and Oklahoma out of the room, we're the Mountain West Conference." ...

"When you're losing two of the most visible programs, the network has the right to come and say, 'We're going to reduce the rights by X.'" one longtime, high-profile administrator said.

That means the Big 12 deal could drop from $37 million in annual revenue to as low as $9 million per school.
                                https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ig-12-for-sec/

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X