Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    At some point we need to realize that college athletics is a vocational addition with University flavoring.
    I get that but it should be Community College then.

Like pre-law.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Why would the $EC not want A&M? They're another huge budget lunkhead factory and perfect for it.
      It's the other way around.

A&M joined the SEC with the understanding that they can veto any addtional member that comes from their state. They want an exclusive "SEC recruiting" monopoly in Texas.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

More that just AAU will be accepted- Nebraska was. But being full former CIC isn't required anymore. So KU and ISU would be fine for the B1G. In theory.
        Nebraska was aau when they were accepted.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nebraska was aau when they were accepted.
          that's what I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I know someone in this situation, too. Except for her, it was the annual flu shot. She became very sick for two weeks. Her doctor said she got an overactive immune system. Which was weird because she's had the flu shot before. Her doctor also advised her not to get the Covid vaccine. And she's in her mid-60s, and she wants it. But for now, won't do it.
            Right. But if you're a non-Q person with non-Q reasons why you cannot get the vaccine, then you'd have no trouble going on TV, explaining your situation, and finishing with, "please go get the vaccine to help protect people like me."

Anything else? Full-on Q-tard.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I would not say academics is losing- that and the research still dominates massively over athletics. It's more the perception of academics is a little more realistic. But at the same time, I don't see the former CIC members going all out to support the new BTAA members.

Go look at the budgets- the KC market matters to BTN, sure. But it's a small research project in Michigan engineering. (and for every single other former CIC school, other than Indiana, you can put in their name into that).
              It doesn't matter. Academics doesn't have the pull to stop it right now. No BOR or School President is going to stand in the way. The "research" argument doesn't apply. It is not something I am proud of but the Big Ten has completely sold out. Hell now there are rumors OKState has reached out and the Big Ten is listening...15 years ago they don't even take the call. Of course 15 years ago the Big Ten makes the call to Texas...Delaney was way out in front when it came to stuff like this.

The problem is, the $EC isn't done. They want more teams and they don't care where they are from or their academic rep as long as they add eyes and prestige. There are joke rumors out there that they are courting tOSU and Clemson and the problem is, no one can deny they probably are considering it because it is perfect for them. While that won't happen (at least not tOSU no matter how ticked they were about COVID) there will be more.

The Big Ten knows they cannot afford to just sit where they are and the choices are becoming more and more slim. The $EC is going to have a massive footprint (if the Texas and OK deal goes through...which it sounds like it will) and the Big Ten needs to at least be in the same ballpark or the clout they have because of the BTN starts to fade. They can sell Kansas because of basketball, the market and it is Midwest. Outside of a few old school media types and the academic side who no one really listens to anyways no one will care whether Kansas is academically on par. In fact, if they announced the deal tomorrow it would probably be met with positives since KU is a Blue Blood in basketball and a doormat in football. Gives Michigan an easy game and puts us in line for more Final Four teams.

Honestly, this might work out best for the academic side anyways, since a lot of them want athletics split off from academics. They might finally get it.

Note: I literally hate all of this.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I get that but it should be Community College then.

Like pre-law.
                SEC schools are basically Community Colleges, so it checks out. ;-)
                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Right. But if you're a non-Q person with non-Q reasons why you cannot get the vaccine, then you'd have no trouble going on TV, explaining your situation, and finishing with, "please go get the vaccine to help protect people like me."

Anything else? Full-on Q-tard.
                  Exactly. If you give a ****, you're going to explain the medical reason why you aren't getting it, even if you don't technically have to, because you understand the visibility of your position, especially in a place like eastern WA. The silence speaks for itself.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

cripes. I forgot Mizzou went to the sec
                    It's OK. I forgot Colorado and Utah are in the PAC12.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• The predicted outcome I believe the most:

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Texas could be the demise of the Big 8, the Southwest Conference, and the Big XII.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I still think if we're going to do this, the big ten will pursue Notre Dame.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I still think if we're going to do this, the big ten will pursue Notre Dame.
                            I don't know if the Big 10 having 132 members will make it more or less likely that we will join.

At this point I think we're just waiting for the Premier League. A 16-team super league with Alabama, USC, Texas, Ohio State, and whoever, lifted out of the NC$$ muck and only playing each other. Then we'll say "I do."

Last edited by Kepler; 07-26-2021, 09:34 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I still think if we're going to do this, the big ten will pursue Notre Dame.
                              Notre Dame is only joining the ACC if they ever choose to go into a conference. I am not even sure the Big Ten will call again they have been dealing with that massive ego for years. The ACC lets Notre Dame have their way...Big Ten never will.

Sicatoka,

There is no way the Big Ten would do that set up. Geographically it makes sense but it likely means either protected games (which makes the whole pod scheduling thing rather moot) or the destruction of rivalries. The Big Ten will never risk sacrificing "The Game" because the media still pretends it matters like it did back in the day. (not to mention Iowa-Minnesoat)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I am not even sure the Big Ten will call again they have been dealing with that massive ego for years. The ACC lets Notre Dame have their way...Big Ten never will.
                                It's good to see your inferiority complex extends to fellow flyovers, too.

A school doesn't have an "ego," it has a ledger. Notre Dame's refusals are about dollars, nothing else.

What is it like living thinking everybody is NOT GIVING YOU THE RESPECT YOU DESERVE!!!?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X