Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Beg pardon? Rutgers?

Jimmy has a love affair with Khaki pants...and has been known to have lots of slumber parties at his house with players.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• alfa,

The problem with Trevor's thinking is this isnt about stopping them from getting the disease. They are probably going to get exposed either way (Clemson already had a bunch of cases so again he is speaking from a position of privilege) whether at home or on campus. The difference is if they get it at home that is their fault and if they get it on campus then the school has liability. He acts like everything will shut down because the athletes are on campus which is a joke. NBA and MLB players cant get out of their own way when it comes to this stuff and they have millions on the line and leagues that are taking this very seriously. 0.0% chance the NCAA players hold themselves accountable and we KNOW plenty of the schools (especially the ones known for partying) arent going to hold them to account until they test positive. And the amount of star treatment that will be given to some players as opposed to others will intensify even higher than it is already.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I disagree that athletes on 100% scholarship should get paid any revenue generated for the school from their particular sport, but they should be able to license themself at will. If they're good enough to make the NFL they will eventually get paid, if they're not good enough to make pros no one was paying to see them play in the first place. And does anyone think this will dry up backdoor booster payments that are already in play?

Comment

• No but I dont think anyone is making that argument legitimately anyways. The NCAA is a joke because they dont even pretend to really care about it unless it is a school they can afford to punish. There are enough examples out there in both football and basketball. Not to mention the other ways the NCAA makes it obvious they treat different teams when it comes to discipline, transfers...etc.

I will never like the idea of paying players...but I realize that I am most likely wrong with how things are today. I dunno maybe if I thought coaches were in the same boat I would still feel that way but coaches get paid millions of dollars and can hop job to job. Players have to sit out if they transfer and the school can play games with the release. I think even the best intentioned schools do a disservice to many of its athletes (especially in basketball and football) and bring in players that are underprivileged and under educated and who think the only chance they have is a big money contract and are not in a position to succeed when they step on campus. They start behind the 8 ball, and a lot of them dont have the skills to get out of it whether it is educational or on the field.

I dont know what the solution is...but the current NCAA model for the revenue sports is ridiculous and honestly most likely would not be allowed if it was started today. I know the schools like to pretend they are student-athletes but we all know that is bullcrap. The players are labor and it is time they were recognized as such with all the benefits (and repercussions) contained within that. I may not like it (and it will certainly kill my interest) but that doesnt make it right.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It’s official, big postpones all fall sports

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              It’s official, big postpones all fall sports
              I gotta think one of the Southern Leagues agreed to postpone but is waiting for the backlash the Big Ten and Pac-12 are gonna get.

Off topic but I cant get on this board from my computer only my phone...I think the site it got hacked.

alfa,

Just because they're is no football doesn't mean the players have to go home.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Looks like the Pac 12 officially postponed as well.

Now the chicken match between the Southern Leagues. My guess is the ACC blinks first.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Looks like the Pac 12 officially postponed as well.

Now the chicken match between the Southern Leagues. My guess is the ACC blinks first.
                  Nicely timed after Biden announced lol
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I saw a tweet from someone at the Athletic that a source from the Big Ten said they know of at least 10 players who have myocarditis. That is not good...

And remember this is players...healthy and young. I know only death matters but this is kind of bad.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What in the actual **** is going on here: https://twitter.com/DavezONAIR/statu...88978846711808
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        What in the actual **** is going on here: https://twitter.com/DavezONAIR/statu...88978846711808
                        Oh man the reaction.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://m.startribune.com/gophers-co...edy/572082652/

Jim Souhan is so violently right it hurts.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            https://m.startribune.com/gophers-co...edy/572082652/

Jim Souhan is so violently right it hurts.
                            I refuse to say that is true because that man is human garbage.

(but yeah he stumbled onto the right opinion)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I won't lie...I hope Nebraska chooses to play against the wishes of the Big Ten just on the off chance we kick them out. I really don't like them in our league.

According to what I am reading they are the only ones making a fuss every other school has fallen in line.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I won't lie...I hope Nebraska chooses to play against the wishes of the Big Ten just on the off chance we kick them out. I really don't like them in our league.

According to what I am reading they are the only ones making a fuss every other school has fallen in line.
                                As much as I’d miss the $5BOBC trophy, **** these people
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X