Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn cancelled its football season. First FBS team to do so.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      UConn cancelled its football season. First FBS team to do so.
      I'm shocked that a BCS team had the balls to do so... Good for them!

Not it's just a question if anyone else is to follow or if UCONN is pushed out there as a sacrificial goat...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I'm shocked that a BCS team had the balls to do so... Good for them!

Not it's just a question if anyone else is to follow or if UCONN is pushed out there as a sacrificial goat...
        Well, they aren’t exactly the prototypical FBS team.

They just left the American and are playing as an independent this year. They only had six games left on the schedule after most conferences went conference only or a plus one format where that one had to be a home game.

They aren’t a good team and as of right now they aren’t playing many buy games, so they aren’t losing out on a big payday if they don’t travel somewhere to play.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• In the same vein, BYU has 6 games left, none in September.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• I think more will come...I gotta think the Pac-12 is scared since Cali seems to still be having issues.

We are in August...they cant really kick the can much further. Either they have to decide to move/cancel soon or they are going to play.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I think more will come...I gotta think the Pac-12 is scared since Cali seems to still be having issues.

We are in August...they cant really kick the can much further. Either they have to decide to move/cancel soon or they are going to play.
              Washington and Oregon having pretty strict mandates is also probably a factor.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Minnesota emailed football season ticket holders just now and said there are no season tickets this year. Any games that exist may have no fans, or very very limited amounts so no one is getting season tickets

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Minnesota emailed football season ticket holders just now and said there are no season tickets this year. Any games that exist may have no fans, or very very limited amounts so no one is getting season tickets
                  Hockey will be soon to follow. Indoor is NOT happening. It’s only two months out.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• A month out they are already guaranteeing no fans in the stands...that is NOT a good sign for them to be starting on time.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I assume hockey will be canceled across the board. It would be even more criminally stupid for them to try it than FOOTBAW, and it doesn't have the greed factor pushing them to murder their students. Also, although there are some glaring exceptions, it is much less dominated by the colleges-in-name-only that control the revenue sports.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-05-2020, 09:15 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I think hockey will delay but wont cancel. They have more time to play around with it. My guess is it will end up like NCAA basketball...

Not that I think that is a good idea mind you...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Well, they aren’t exactly the prototypical FBS team.

They just left the American and are playing as an independent this year. They only had six games left on the schedule after most conferences went conference only or a plus one format where that one had to be a home game.

They aren’t a good team and as of right now they aren’t playing many buy games, so they aren’t losing out on a big payday if they don’t travel somewhere to play.
                          Not only did we lose six games, but five were games against P5 opponents (UNC, UVA, Ole Miss, Illinois, Indiana). It was a pretty good schedule considering we MacGyvered it out of bubble gum and baling wire on just a few months notice.

We didn’t leave the American to play a worse schedule than we would have played there. While we are openly saying we did this for the student-athletes and informed by their health and safety concerns, we might still be talking about giving it a go if the games that got snatched away on us were Liberty, Old Dominion and San Jose State.
                          UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I think hockey will delay but wont cancel. They have more time to play around with it. My guess is it will end up like NCAA basketball...

Not that I think that is a good idea mind you...
                            Just pick up the last season where it left off in March with the same records and rosters.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• NCAA D-II and D-III cancel Fall Sports

If it happens in 20-21, hockey will be one of the first sports back.... That's about a 3% chance right now....

So long sports and thanks for all the fish!
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                That's about a 3% chance right now....
                                You misspelled 0.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X