Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    The ACC will play an 11-game season.

This will be 10 conference games and one non-con. Notre Dame will play the full schedule and will be eligible for the title game.

I'm sure the other Power-5 conferences are happy that someone made a move and they can continue printing TV money....
    One question that will be interesting to see what happens- if a region still has outbreak problems, and that pops up in college football locally- what will the rest of the country do? Or even the conference? Will Miami or Wisconsin be shunned from their conferences, or will the conference shut down?

The TV contracts should be pretty bulky, given the number of eyes that they will have- there will be millions more potential eyes since they won't be at stadiums.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

One question that will be interesting to see what happens- if a region still has outbreak problems, and that pops up in college football locally- what will the rest of the country do? Or even the conference? Will Miami or Wisconsin be shunned from their conferences, or will the conference shut down?

The TV contracts should be pretty bulky, given the number of eyes that they will have- there will be millions more potential eyes since they won't be at stadiums.
      TV is what's driving the ship I'm sure. TV Networks need content. Schools need $$$$... Both sides are too big for the other to just walk away.

The SEC will do a 10-game, all in-conference schedule...

Seeing MLB struggle, it's only a matter of time before a "major" team comes down with COVID. At this point, not only is the pickup truck sitting on the tracks, but it's in PARK, the driver has killed the engine, chucked the keys into the weeds in the ditch, and has gotten out and is standing on the tracks thinking he can block the train from hitting his truck... This is where we are with this....
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue
        The SEC move is kind of unexpected- I thought they would follow the ACC with the longer schedule, including the NC game. But that's the smartest move if they actually intend to play. IMHO, the next step is to cancel the rest of the season if not the in-conference only schedule.

Still, I'm quite curious what they plan on doing if a region or a team forces games to be canceled.
        I wouldn't be surprised if the ACC switches to a 10-game in-conference only schedule. They basically did the 10+1 to accommodate the big ACC-SEC rivalry games (Clemson - USC; FSU - Florida; Louisville - Kentucky; Georgia Tech - Georgia) in anticipation that the SEC would follow a similar 10+1 schedule.

As for games being cancelled, I'm sure there is a contingency to utilize the built in "bye weeks" if necessary (including the week before the conference championship game). To me, the question is what is the trigger to cancel/reschedule? x% of players/coaches from a team test positive? 5 players/coaches? 10?
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• I just read all these headlines "Big Ten announces they will..." or "ACC will..." and think
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I just read all these headlines "Big Ten announces they will..." or "ACC will..." and think
            I’m making gophers give me my money back

Comment

• Well this is getting interesting: https://twitter.com/TheAthleticCFB/s...77650391265280

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• This is something I never thought I would say for a thousand reasons but:

I kind of hope the players en masse opt out and force changes in how college athletics and the players especially are handled going forward. The Universities have been living high off the hog for too damned long.

That wont happen...but I dont think the current set up is feasible for very much longer.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  https://twitter.com/RohanNadkarni/st...11430993461249

NEW: Multiple Pac-12 athletes spoke to SI about opting out of the football season if their voices aren’t heard. “We’re not your entertainment, we’re human beings.” “This is bigger than our individual selves. This is for all future college athletes.”
                  https://twitter.com/RohanNadkarni/st...15647376232448

Among the demands from Pac-12 athletes are player-approved health standards for playing in a pandemic, preservation of non-revenue sports, and fair-market pay through a revenue-sharing model. “The way to get your voice heard is to affect the bottom line.”
                  https://twitter.com/RohanNadkarni/st...23722929815553

“We’re trying to empower the lives of our teammates, change their lives and change the trajectory of their families’ lives.” “We don’t know the long term risks...I refuse to put my health at risk for somebody else’s benefit.”
                  Good for them!

edit: I still cant believe how much COVID (and seeing the response from dumbasses who cant live without sports) has changed my thinking about these issues.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 08-02-2020, 11:54 AM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• One writer who covers Washington State says the school released players who supported the movement. They are still in school but of the team...

That should go over well. (If true)

https://twitter.com/TheoLawson_SR/st...569838082?s=19
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Just coming to post that.

Thats not going to work out like they thought it would in their head.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• If you are the coach who kicked players off because of this recruiting is going to be difficult in the future.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And the sad part is that the first real outbreak in the US was just on the other side of the state.

Funny thing- by brother lives in Moscow- just 8 miles from Pullman/WSU- and they seemed to have had it come through in Feb, but nobody was tested. Huge increase of sick people, schools were closed, quite a few died. And now WSU wants to suppress any student protest over protections for the virus. I had thought the Pallouse was more progressive than that- even with all of the farmers.
                          I mean, they might be more progressive than the militias in northern Idaho, but it's still eastern WA, so it's all relative.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

They Coug'ed it?

(I've been waiting for that joke)
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And the sad part is that the first real outbreak in the US was just on the other side of the state.

Funny thing- by brother lives in Moscow- just 8 miles from Pullman/WSU- and they seemed to have had it come through in Feb, but nobody was tested. Huge increase of sick people, schools were closed, quite a few died. And now WSU wants to suppress any student protest over protections for the virus. I had thought the Pallouse was more progressive than that- even with all of the farmers.
                              We've had similar thoughts up here, lots of people sick in late February and early March but no testing. The State is adamant there wasn't one though.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Moscow is actually Democratic in the national sense. It's like the only liberal city in the entire state. There's a little D's north of there before going full nazi just north of that.

It was very much that when I went to school there, and may not be anywhere near CA, but isn't an area I would expect they would be so bad.
                                There are 2 blue blobs:

What's the other one, Boise?

I actually have no idea where the main university is. This is what happens when you're not D-1.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X