Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't know if the Big 10 having 132 members
    Will the Big 10 finally change it's name then...?
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Notre Dame is literally a big ego. Blame on the Irish Catholics and NBC. Hell they revel in it!
      Truth!
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Not to be outdone, the PAC12 makes a move.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• The Pac 12 is next after the Big XII dissolves.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Pac 12 is next after the Big XII dissolves.
            The PAC12 either needs to take bold action or you'll be 100% correct.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Honestly I am not sure what can save them outside of a merger/interlocking schedule with the Big Ten. Absorbing the Big XII remnants will add nothing. It will be the WCHA/CCHA merger all over again...

This is gonna get ugly if something doesn't happen fast. TX and OU are banking on the conference imploding now which means musical chairs the next month or so.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The PAC12 suffers from "Pacific Time Zone".
                Who's staying up to watch Northwestern at Wassu in Pullman?
                What's that bring to BTN?

I'd see the B1G try to poach PAC12 AAU schools first.

The remnants of the PAC12 and Big XII would end up scrambling into one lifeboat fractionally better than the AAC or Mountain West.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• The PAC 12 has every major west coast market, I don’t see how they’re in any real trouble in all of this?

Plus, in the age of cord cutting and streaming services, stuff like the BTN means very little.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    The PAC 12 has every major west coast market, I don’t see how they’re in any real trouble in all of this?

Plus, in the age of cord cutting and streaming services, stuff like the BTN means very little.
                    Yeah, while this might knock them (further, thanks Larry Scott) from the top-tier of P5 conferences, their current position makes it easy to hold, and I think most of the schools are of the mindset where they also recognize the academic advantages of the conference as is. Trying to fit them into any conference with a geographic center that far east is unfeasible, and none of the remaining Big12 schools really fit in. I would be OK with them holding steady while everything else goes crazy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      The PAC 12 has every major west coast market, I don’t see how they’re in any real trouble in all of this?

Cord cutting isnt as big of a deal as most think it is. (it is not exactly cheap) It hurts ESPN because Di$ney overcharges but the $EC Network and BTN are going to be cashing checks on "the cord" for quite some time. I think the rumor is $70 million per school in the $EC is expected soon. (I dont know who to trust on that stuff though)

As for whether the Pac12 does anything...it depends how much they A) want to be in the fraud tourney and B) if they are willing to blow up the 12 if they are offered.

If they want to be a P5 conference (I will leave what I think they should do or the Big Ten out of this part) then a merger is really their only chance. Whoever runs the fraud tourny from now on is going to want to Big Ten, ACC, Notre Dame and as many $EC teams in as possible. It is inevitable. While merging makes little sense geographically (even with 4 pod divisions it is a mess) the chances of a USC or Washington making it go up exponentially even with a loss. The academics work, the conferences have history...and so on.

If they are willing to blow it up it works out even better...get rid of the dead weight.

Now personally...NO! You want a scheduling agreement sure. Beyond that friggin yuck. I have no interest in seeing it and I like a lot of the PAC12. I have no idea how you can make it work the bloat and travel will destroy it.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The conferences are already destroyed. Without the bowl locks they don't mean anything.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The Big XII is taking on Goliath. They've sent a cease and desist to ESPN claiming ESPN is behind some of these machinations.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2021/07/j...esist-to-espn/

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• The Big XII is hinting they have proof of what I said a few days ago...that E$PN told Texas and OU to leave and head to the $EC because of the TV money. The Big XII will get paid in a settlement but this will stop nothing. I would expect that E$PN will find ways to not show Big XII team highlights for a while though...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...10030722486275

Big 12’s “cease & desist” to ESPN claims network contacted other conferences "encouraging” them to take Big 12 schools so Big 12 dissolves, eliminating grant of rights, sources told @Stadium. If Big 12 implodes, ESPN not responsible for final 4 years of deal, worth $1.06 billion
                              Well that is one way to get out of paying your bills...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I would expect that E$PN will find ways to not show Big XII team highlights for a while though...
                                "Highlights of the finals of the spelling bee and cornhole sub-regional semifinals must go ahead of the 3OT Kansas State / Iowa State game highlights." -- ESPN

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X