Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It seems pretty clear, based upon some of the other stories that I've seen, that this is a choice as opposed to some sort of medical or religious reason. This statement prompted responses from University administrators to remind everyone of their vaccine mandate, and those same administrators have been quoted as saying that they've had numerous discussions with the coach regarding his decision not to vaccinate and why it's important for everyone at the University to be vaccinated. This doesn't sound to me like any sort of medical excuse.
    He apparently is a Q believer and full on MAGA. He isn't releasing his reasoning because he doesn't want to face the backlash to his stupidity.

This isn't his first controversy. He kicked a dude off the team for joining the Pac-12 Unity group asking for fairer treatment of athletes...and was caught on tape.
    Last edited by Handyman; 07-22-2021, 02:45 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Start cashing those sweet, sweet SEC checks

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        If the players can make money, then the colleges should make even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I want to know how A&M feels. Got away from Texas, only to have thirteen schools go behind their back to bring Texas in.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I want to know how A&M feels. Got away from Texas, only to have thirteen schools go behind their back to bring Texas in.
            I would say who cares how they feel? They chose to dance with the devil when they moved. They had to know that within college football, but particularly within the SEC, anything is possible in the name of making more money.

Comment

• Why would the $EC not want A&M? They're another huge budget lunkhead factory and perfect for it.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

No one cares how aTm feels and the SEC should definitely not care how they feel. The SEC is a machine built to make money that is why aTm stabbed all their rivals in the back to join. This is just karmic justice.

By 2030 conferences will no longer exist. Divisional Football will be how the MegaPowers set it up. The NCAA is on its death rattle because once football abandons it (and they obviously are) it holds no value for the money sports. A new version will bubble up for the Olympic Sports maybe but the NCAA gambled and lost this one badly.

Good for the athletes...terrible for fans of what college football used to be. Should have never abandoned the bowl system. Chasing the money of the BCS and the tourny made this inevitable
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No one cares how aTm feels and the SEC should definitely not care how they feel. The SEC is a machine built to make money that is why aTm stabbed all their rivals in the back to join. This is just karmic justice.

By 2030 conferences will no longer exist. Divisional Football will be how the MegaPowers set it up. The NCAA is on its death rattle because once football abandons it (and they obviously are) it holds no value for the money sports. A new version will bubble up for the Olympic Sports maybe but the NCAA gambled and lost this one badly.

Good for the athletes...terrible for fans of what college football used to be. Should have never abandoned the bowl system. Chasing the money of the BCS and the tourny made this inevitable
                  College football has sucked for fans since the 1980s.

It took that long to recover from kicking the Ivies out of real D-1 in 1971.

Karma, baby.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The rumor is this is because E$PN and Fox told the Big XII the money in their next deal would not be on par with other leagues and suggested Texas and OU to look elsewhere.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Yeah the closer we get to a Super League, the less interesting the NC race gets. I mean, yes, there was a subset of schools who clearly had a better chance of winning it all then others, but at least we kept alive the hope that another school could have a miracle run and make it. But the more the subset becomes institutionalized, the less I really care which of the super-schools that I have no association with and have never been within 50 miles of (I think) wins each year. I'll still care about my team, but really at a certain point do I care which of Bama/Clemson/OSU/LSU/FSU wins the roll of the die that year?

A nationwide super-league also defeats the fun of regional conferences. Each had their own feel, both in the style of play and in the culture and feel of that part of the country. Each had some contenders and some bottom-feeders and you saw what each produced. A nationwide super-league has no feeling other than spectacle!spectacle!spectacle! and ratings!ratings!ratings!.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• All I want for Christmas is for professional athletics to separate completely from the educational system in our country.

Even if it costs me Cornell hockey.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          All I want for Christmas is for professional athletics to separate completely from the educational system in our country.

I’ve always felt that some sports like hockey and soccer are better off without the NCAA.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I’ve always felt that some sports like hockey and soccer are better off without the NCAA.
                            I think college hockey is wonderful but it would be nice if the athletes actually attended classes and were functionally capable of gaining entry on their academic merit.

And before anybody whines about Ivy Elitism we've had plenty of door stops too.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              All I want for Christmas is for professional athletics to separate completely from the educational system in our country.

It won't cost us it, it'll just make them more like higher-quality intramural/club teams. If you like the sport and want to follow them, they'll still be there in some regard, just without the over-the-topness and money from before. So kinda like they were probably meant to be when college sports popped up 120+ years ago. Of course then they were the only show in town and still pulled in 80K people even when it was two small schools. With all of the alternatives for entertainment around now that even pro sports have trouble competing with, it will be much much more sparsely attended in general. But in the end that should be the least concern of an educational institution when you get down to it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Long ago the speculation was it would end up football driving to 4 x 16 megaconferences.

Meet the first.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X