Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Indiana is now reporting some Covid issues.

This actually opens the door for the Michigan State-Penn State game to decide who goes to the title.

OSU would be ineligible due to games played
    IU would have Covid
    Maryland would be ineligible due to games played
    Michigan wouldn’t have winning percentage
    Rutgers either wouldn’t have winning percentage on MSU or lose head to head with PSU.

But it sounds like they’re about to vote to drop the minimum, so that’s all moot.
    I still think it was inevitable that it would happen this way- had the games played been a massive issue. The next question would be- what if one of the teams next week can't play?

And the interesting P12 problem- USC.

Comment

• Its a good thing Kevin Warren bowed to the parents of Nebraska players (and tOSU) and started the season even though they were "protecting the student athletes". This whole season is an epic failure and the fact that everyone was right and tOSU would get an outbreak which would force the changing to their stupid rules just proves he and the ADs are Trump level incompetent.

Personally, I wish they would just cancel the championship and let the Southern Schools risk their athletes for a National Title no one really cares about.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And the interesting P12 problem- USC.
        UW just suspended their season, which includes their game against UO, despite leading the Pac-12 North.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• ESPN is reporting that the B1G changed the rules. OSU goes to the championship game.

Comment

• Iowa State is 8-2 and ranked 7th in the CFP with two wins over ranked opponents.

Coastal Carolina is 10-0 and ranked 13th in the CFP with two wins over ranked opponents. One of those ranked opponents beat Iowa State by three scores.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Iowa State is 8-2 and ranked 7th in the CFP with two wins over ranked opponents.

Coastal Carolina is 10-0 and ranked 13th in the CFP with two wins over ranked opponents. One of those ranked opponents beat Iowa State by three scores.
              Both of those teams are ranked higher than 4-0 USC.

Comment

Both of those teams are ranked higher than 4-0 USC.
                Whose oppoenents are a combined 2-10.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• **** this fraudulent year.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The Big Ten was able to give themselves a bit of cover because Indiana now has an outbreak (as does Purdue) so they cancelled their game. Since no one else in the East is worthy of a Title birth changing the rules doesn't look as fraudulent as it would otherwise.

It doesn't matter the Big Ten is an epic failure and college football is a joke. College basketball is getting to look that way as well cause cancellations are coming in hot!
                    Last edited by Handyman; 12-09-2020, 06:42 PM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      The Big Ten was able to give themselves a bit of cover because Indiana now has an outbreak (as does Purdue) so they cancelled their game. Since no one else in the East is worthy of a Title birth changing the rules doesn't look as fraudulent as it would otherwise.

It doesn't matter the Big Ten is an epic failure and college football is a joke. College basketball is getting to look that wall cause cancellations are coming in hot!
                      It's not just the B1G that's the failure- given the lax response in southern states, even SEC schools shut down.

One thing that I find fascinating- BB is having problems, Hockey does not appear to be.

And a common thread between sports- FB and BB have a LOT of adults/coaches- last BB games we went to, there were almost as many assistants as players.

Hockey has 4, if you include the sometimes goalie coach.

Which is to say, the issue may not be the students, but the "adults."

Comment

• The SEC doesn't care and never pretended to. The Big Ten got on their high horse pretending to care about the athletes only to backtrack and the delay in the season basically made it a complete joke.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          The SEC doesn't care and never pretended to. The Big Ten got on their high horse pretending to care about the athletes only to backtrack and the delay in the season basically made it a complete joke.
                          That's a fair assessment.

Comment

It's not just the B1G that's the failure- given the lax response in southern states, even SEC schools shut down.

One thing that I find fascinating- BB is having problems, Hockey does not appear to be.

And a common thread between sports- FB and BB have a LOT of adults/coaches- last BB games we went to, there were almost as many assistants as players.

Hockey has 4, if you include the sometimes goalie coach.

Which is to say, the issue may not be the students, but the "adults."
                            I don't know if I'd say hockey isn't having problems.

The Ivies, Union, RPI, and Alaska-Anchorage canceled. Technically the latter canceled their program with the move.

Army had to delay the start of the season. NMU has had six games canceled. Ferris had to push off games and then finally were about to start when UAH had to cancel on their way down from Sault Ste Marie. Wisconsin played through some positives a couple weeks ago, but had to postpone against MSU this week. Colorado College had to sit out the early portion of the pod. BU won't play until January. I'm sure I'm missing more. Hockey is probably worse proportionally than football or basketball have been. It's just not getting the publicity since, well, it's college hockey.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I don't know if I'd say hockey isn't having problems.

The Ivies, Union, RPI, and Alaska-Anchorage canceled. Technically the latter canceled their program with the move.

Army had to delay the start of the season. NMU has had six games canceled. Ferris had to push off games and then finally were about to start when UAH had to cancel on their way down from Sault Ste Marie. Wisconsin played through some positives a couple weeks ago, but had to postpone against MSU this week. Colorado College had to sit out the early portion of the pod. BU won't play until January. I'm sure I'm missing more. Hockey is probably worse proportionally than football or basketball have been. It's just not getting the publicity since, well, it's college hockey.
                              I guess I've not seen headlines that any individual match ups have been canceled or delayed. Maybe it's just not in the news. There's been a LOT of BB games canceled already, with many coaches suggesting that we delay the season until March and finish in May. Whereas I've not noted any hockey games doing the same.

I'm not really considering the programs that have canceled the entire season.

Comment

• Last night San Jose State played a home game against Nevada (Reno) in Las Vegas at UNLV’s old stadium, which had New Mexico’s end zones and sideline banners.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X