Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The schools will refund no matter what. Might take a bit of cajoling but they will.

And any parents that sue the Big Ten can bite me.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Trolls on Twitter are having fun with the college football die hards. One clown posted he had an "AD as a source" and guaranteed 4 days ago that the Big Ten was looking to play and he was guaranteeing they would announce they would. Even now, after the Big Ten said it wasnt happening he is doubling down (in full troll "Give Me My 15 Minutes of Fame" mode) and people are backing him saying they believe him. The guy is wrong more than Q but people are saying he knows!! The gullible and desperate will believe anything.

Of course all these people think Kevin Warren is the reason there is no football and think that the athletic budgets control the schools. Must be SEC and UNC fans if they think crap like that. Even Nebraska told their AD to pound sand.

The best though is that these same losers have media types who clickbait them to high heaven. For example a clickbaiter said "there never was a vote to cancel so obviously Warren made the decision himself!!" which spread for a bit. Made it to another site I go to and after a few minutes someone found a quote from the President of Minnesota who basically said there was no formal vote all the Presidents discussed it and agreed this was the right course of action. Clickbaiters ignore it and keep pushing the narrative because they know the average rube will believe anything they say. Hell some still push the "tOSU and Others Are Going Rogue" deal because people just would rather not think.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• tOSU is who is behind most of the crap you read. Their fans and AD are clowns. Their president however isnt and shut it all down. (see also: Nebraska where the "N" stands for Nowledge) Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, Minnesota and most of the rest want nothing to do with any of this.
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          For example a clickbaiter said "there never was a vote to cancel so obviously Warren made the decision himself!!" which spread for a bit.
          https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...tax-voluntary/
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• NC State

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – N.C. State University is moving all undergraduate classes online following an increase in COVID-19 cases among students in the last several days, Chancellor Randy Woodson announced Thursday.

“We have also recently witnessed the negative impacts caused by those who did not take personal responsibility. We’ve had reports of large parties in off-campus apartments. In the last two days alone, we’ve identified three COVID-19 clusters in off-campus and Greek Village houses that can be traced to parties and behavior outside of our community standards and the governor’s mandates,” Woodson said.

The change for undergraduate classes takes effect Aug. 24.

Graduate courses and clinical education may continue to meet in-person or in a hybrid format. NC State’s research laboratories will remain open and fully operational, and research opportunities for students will continue.

“As of today, through our aggressive contact tracing program we have more than 500 students in quarantine and isolation, mostly off campus, who have either tested positive or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive,” Woodson said. “We are also investigating other potential off-campus clusters.”
            Who would have thought that college kids would act like college kids and not responsible adults?
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Iowa is dropping men’s gymnastics, men’s and women’s swimming, and men’s tennis.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Vanderbilt halted football activities after "an undisclosed number of players" are Covid-19 positive. I wonder of one of the traditional powers of the SEC would do the same thing one of the traditional doormats did. My guess is no. Does the SEC even have any kind of a league wide protocol for testing and tracing? Sadly I am guessing that even if a number of players come down with particularly nasty cases of Covid-19 it won't change many minds down there. So since I like watching college football as much as the next guy, I say I hope they continue to practice and I hope they play. If someone gets sick or dies, that is a small price to pay. I get entertained, and that is one less stupid person to procreate. Win-win.

Comment

• 29% positive test rate on Alabama campus. Hole-eeee ****e

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbenton/s...74636756983808

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

The real clickbait is that the troll is right- the B1G will play football. Maybe next spring, maybe next fall, maybe 2022. But they will, in fact, play football.

Unless he really thinks that there will be B1G FB this fall.... Which is kind of insane.
                    Its the latter. He is saying the Big Ten will be playing in a couple of weeks...and they buy it!
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      29% positive test rate on Alabama campus. Hole-eeee ****e

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbenton/s...74636756983808
                      Uhhhhhh
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• 8 nebraska players (really their parents, but they're smart enough to sue in their kids' name) sue the Big Ten.

The attorney is a rube who owns a mini media empire in the state and was formerly in the state legislature. He's clearly in it for the publicity.

They will lose, and lose hard.
                        Last edited by unofan; 08-27-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Seriously...can we just kick them out already. They never belonged and now they are just being giant pains in the butt.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Bruce Feldman

@BruceFeldmanCFB
                            SOURCE: Big Ten coaches are meeting on a call right now. Am told "it's a real possibility" that the Big Ten may try to reverse course and play later this fall.

LOL.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• It's amazing how disingenuous guys like Clay Travis are. He wrote an article about how Warren only canceled to try to get Biden elected. His citation was a Yahoo article titled "Can the Big Ten sway an election? Kevin Warren wants to find out." Except he didn't really cite it, he just embedded one of his own tweets that included a screenshot of the title of the article. A search of the article finds that Warren was just setting up racial and equality coalitions among athletes in the conference as well as a push to register all 10,000 athletes at the schools to vote.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I knew Clay Travis sucked (I tried listening once and it hurt my ears) but good lord he is a loonbat.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X