Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    New theory I've seen being spouted is that these cancellations are the fault of football writers who have been "rooting" for the season to be canceled.

1) Not entirely sure why writers who lost out on spring ball and have resorted to a lifetime's worth of "best slot receivers of the 1995 SEC East" articles the last five months would root to get rid of what provides their profession.

2) There have been plenty of examples of programs pulling writers access the last couple years because they were unhappy with a story that was written about the team. Highly doubt these conferences are suddenly scared of what may be written about them if they continue to play.
    The hoax goes deep!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/0127FPkLU7k
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Wouldn't the ability to buy tickets be the tangible benefit though? Obviously it's something that is high demand, which is exactly why the university has required it.
        I have seen that argued both ways. As of now I would assume they have looked into it enough to figure the odds are in they favor but that is above my pay grade :-)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/statu...23705733259265

Originally posted by Pat Forde
          Prominent industry source: "I think by the end of the week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences."
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Pat Forde probably talked to someone in the Big Ten.

Reports are coming out that the Big Ten is ready to cancel football entirely this year.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Rumor is they are worried about liability if anyone gets sick during the season. If that is what they discussed at their meeting they might as well cancel now waiting will only make things worse.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• As they should be. Even if healthy 18-yos have a 0.1% CFR, that’s 1-2 deaths among the 1,700 football players in the big ten alone. We know BMI is a fairly good predictor of bad outcomes. Now you have something like a third of roster spots filled by down linemen. That 1-2 starts to balloon quickly.

Now multiply those numbers by 20 to get a picture of just D-1A football. This is a bomb waiting to go off.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the resulting temper tantrums on Twitter this week....
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Pat Forde probably talked to someone in the Big Ten.

Reports are coming out that the Big Ten is ready to cancel football entirely this year.
                    All fall sports I believe

Comment

• Yeah ESPN is saying the Big Ten is ready to push to Spring but were testing the waters with the other conferences. Players in the South (like Trevor Lawrence) want to play and have taken to Twitter to say so. Their points are solid but they ignore reality in that they assume the players will act correctly on campus and be safer as such than they would be at home. In theory I can buy that but every piece of evidence shows people do what they want they dont give a crap about safety which is why we havent even ended the first wave yet.

I think the South is gonna force the issue and the Big Ten wont risk the backlash of postponing. I say it is 60/40 right now everything goes on as planned.

I wont watch mind you...I havent watched a game yet since they came back in the other sports. I didnt miss it when it was gone and these faux seasons do nothing for me.

edit: There are reports of players that have had issues after contracting the disease including myocarditis in players who get it. And Twitter is full of people who are saying the announcement from the Big Ten will come tomorrow and the reaction is about what you would expect.

The NCAA as we know it is about to change...
                      Last edited by Handyman; 08-09-2020, 08:35 PM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...90724131758080

College football sources tell @SInow that the Big Ten is moving toward a decision to cancel the 2020 fall season, while engaging other Power 5 conferences on a uniform decision to be announced later this week.
                        #WeWantToPlay is going to throw a monkey wrench in this. The Southern Players for sure are all in on the season. I dont think the Big Ten has the balls to postpone alone and the Pac-12 doesnt bring enough clout. They need one of the southern conferences to join or all hell is gonna break loose...

The countdown has begun...the NCAA and the conferences are about to take a shot in the nuts no matter how this plays out. Honestly...if they want to play let them play. If they get sick though **** em.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Isn’t southern teams playing each other the wankfest that the southern idiots want anyway?

Comment

• Yeah...but there are Northern players who want to play too. (I believe Justin Fields and other tOSU players want to play)

I dont think the Big Ten has the balls...and I doubt ESPN or BTN wants to deal with the loss of programming. If the players arent pushing for this and the fans arent the schools will look way worse if they shut down. The players want the right to make the decision themselves fine but they lose all sympathy from me.

edit: #WeWanttoPlay is trending huge and the players and coaches from all over are behind it. The Big Ten will back down.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 08-09-2020, 09:22 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                So the check cleared?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X