X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The seven chord progressions that dominate music.
    This is awesome. Thank you.

I lost half an afternoon watching his videos.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    This is another cool video from David Bennett. He recreated I Am The Walrus from scratch in order that he then be able to talk about the song without running afoul of copyright rules. Amazing what one person can do technologically in 2023, but how amazing was it for the band to create the original song in 1967 using nothing but 4-track analog equipment? Blows me away.
    Back in college I used an early version of that BBC orchestra plug in to fill out arrangements. So much fun. I’m really disappointed in myself for not keeping the music making and playing up.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Another music theory geek I like to follow a bit is Charles Cornell. This video picking apart the Rogue One score is one of the nerdiest things imaginable, and I love it. Especially starting around minute seven where he starts talking about the lightsaber. :^)

https://youtu.be/X3fvljQYhGE

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    This should be the American National Anthem.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Anybody follow Rick Beato? He has a ton of music / music theory videos similar to this. The Beato Book is a great resource for utilizing it as well.
    Yeah I'm a regular listener to Rick, Professor of Rock, Vinyl Rewind and Elliott Roberts among a few others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X