This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    TIL that my other* favorite music couple, Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova, was just another tawdry adultery, as he was cheating on his wife of 17 years with her.

**** you, Ric. Though to be honest you don't hold a candle in talent, importance, or betrayal to the number one.*

*Thurstron Moore, obviously. DIAF, buddy.
    Thurston Moore was such a pompous douche (well,…is) it was hard listening to him in The Year Punk Broke but cheating on Kim is unforgivable.

too bad for many reasons…selfishly I thought Their last album was a top 2-3 LP from SY and I was hoping for more.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Moore has some solid solo work. I know nothing of his douchiness I admit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Moore has some solid solo work. I know nothing of his douchiness I admit.
        His musical gifts are not at issue.

It's very simple: if you are a male celebrity, do not commit to a monogamous relationship. There it is, solved. There are millions of women who will provide you with extremely fulfilling erotic comic relief. Millions who will happily, knowingly, share you. Just don't dick over some good person who has the misfortune of wanting exclusivity with you. Don't lie to and then inevitably betray that woman. How hard is that?
        Last edited by Kepler; 11-29-2022, 04:01 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

His musical gifts are not at issue.

It's very simple: if you are a male celebrity, do not commit to a monogamous relationship. There it is, solved. There are millions of women who will provide you with extremely fulfilling erotic comic relief. Millions who will happily, knowingly, share you. Just don't dick over some good person who has the misfortune of wanting exclusivity with you. Don't lie to and then inevitably betray that woman. How hard is that?
          Ok so apparently there's some cheating going on. By a musician. Not defending it but if we're going to hold every musician to that standard to the point of actively calling them out we're going to be here for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Moore has some solid solo work. I know nothing of his douchiness I admit.
            I’m basing it on The Year Punk Broke and some interviews.

on the other hand I’ve met Steve Shelley the SY drummer and he was absolutely a sweetheart of a guy. Beyond nice.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• If you had to name 5 artists that defined you, your tastes, and your personality, who would they be?
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• The Black Crowes
                The Beatles
                Led Zeppelin
                (And long list of 90s Grunge rock acts that would all be vying for the next two spots.)
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  If you had to name 5 artists that defined you, your tastes, and your personality, who would they be?
                  If I answered this once per day for a week it would likely change, but off the top of my head (and I will second-guess myself in an hour) I think I'd go with:

-Pink Floyd
                  -The Replacements
                  -The Beatles
                  -The Cure
                  -Grateful Dead

Not sure that's the truest representation but I'll roll with it.

Comment

If you had to name 5 artists that defined you, your tastes, and your personality, who would they be?
                    Ellington
                    Misfits
                    Sondheim
                    Verdi
                    Zappa
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• KISS
                      Sarah McLachlan
                      Heart
                      Lady Gaga
                      Savatage
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Steely Dan
                        Santana
                        Allman Brothers
                        Doobie Brothers
                        Johnny Winter
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Steely Dan
                          Santana
                          Allman Brothers
                          Doobie Brothers
                          Johnny Winter
                          You can come to my place anytime. Solid.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Modest Mouse
                            Led Zeppelin
                            Killers
                            Smashing Pumkpins*
                            Taylor Swift

* I could probably answer the same way St Clown did on this line though.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Modest Mouse
                              Led Zeppelin
                              Killers
                              Smashing Pumkpins*
                              Taylor Swift

* I could probably answer the same way St Clown did on this line though.
                              Modest Mouse was a good concert. They were part of a 7-group lineup on that tour with the Flaming Lips and then Cake as the headliner/closing act.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Led Zeppelin
                                the cure
                                depeche mode
                                Fleetwood Mac
                                neil young

Comment

Working...
                                X