Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cc: Miss T - Beth Orton is not a new artist but if you haven't heard her yet give it a try

And...

Rory Gallagher - In Your Town
    The Faces - Too Much Woman (Live)
    Wet Leg - Chaise Lounge *I think Kep will appreciate this one at least
    Broken Bells - Love On The Run
    Vieux Farka Toure - Diarabi\
    PJ Harvey - Naked Cousin (demo)
    Noir D?sir - Le Vent Nous Portera
    Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown - Mojo Workin (Live)
    Ron Gallo - Young Lady, You're Scaring Me (Live)

Comment

• Check Amanda Shires when you get a chance.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I do not understand Ed Sheeran's popularity. He's not good, he's not bad, he's just nice. He is elevator music... but not despicably so. He is the exact average of every pop song ever written. He is what an algorithm would spit out if you put in Phil Collins, Paul McCartney, John Denver, Coldplay, and Perry Como.

Is it just that he is an anesthetic?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• If you are like I was about 3 years ago and jazz curious, but don't know where to find an inroad in this vast and complicated landscape, I recommend Dexter Gordon. I think he is a great compromise between the more easy listening and mawkish jazz that gets played on terrestrial radio (is that still even a thing?) and the experimental and highly demanding sound of greats like Miles, Coltrane, Parker, Gillespie, and Monk.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Biggie: Ready to Die

13 year old me had no idea what I was saying when I was singing along to "I love it when you call me Big Poppa."
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Slap, I wholeheartedly recommend St. Vincent.

Comment

• Kep, this is really cool.

https://youtu.be/44W9qstI8H8

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Kep, this is really cool.

https://youtu.be/44W9qstI8H8
                  Love this version.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Finally giving in and trying to splurge on Blink-182 tickets for next May...

Nostalgia is a beech, lol.

**insert SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY meme**
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Wilco closed many of the last few shows of their recent tour with a cover of US Blues from Grateful Dead. Saw them in Bozeman MT (the Elm, an excellent small little venue that allowed me to get up close to the stage) with a friend who is a big Deadhead. She lost her mind when they started playing it

Here it is performed in New Orleans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PngT3RfUZu0

Been my favorite band for probably 20 years now. Was supposed to see them in Missoula in 2020. In March. Everything shut down like 2 days before the concert was scheduled. This was finally my chance to make it up. It was so good to see them again. Hoping to finally get to go to their festival, Solid Sound, that they host out in North Adams, MA at MASS MoCA every other year the next time they do it.

Comment

• A guy on twitter I follow posted this quesiton:

Accepting guesses for whose quote this is: "My first singing voice was a rock voice in my progressive rock band when I was 19 or 20 - very Mars Volta influenced."
                        Without cheating, who is it?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I'm drawing a blank. Obviously she's someone that's a pop artist now and not alternative. Like a Cardi B or something like that. Whoever she is I like her tastes though.

btw I had no idea the musical guest Willow on SNL was a Smith, but I liked the 2 songs her and her band played last Saturday.

Comment

• This question made me dust off my old Mars Volta albums. I forgot just how much Deloused was a spectacular record. It's almost gotten better with age.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Finally giving in and trying to splurge on Blink-182 tickets for next May...

Nostalgia is a beech, lol.

**insert SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY meme**
                              I’m a bit jealous. I’d love to go but it’ll be an arm, leg, kidney, and two other organs to be named later for me to go to Seattle to see them.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I’m a bit jealous. I’d love to go but it’ll be an arm, leg, kidney, and two other organs to be named later for me to go to Seattle to see them.
                                Unfortunately "dynamic pricing" has made this an uphill endeavor. Currently it's over $300 (before fees) to get in the door (300-level opposite the stage were $65 and went quickly).

There were a fair amount of reasonably priced seats, but many of those went directly to the secondary market...

Concert and sports tickets just need to be made non-transferable and end this BS...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X