No announcement yet.

USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was listening to George Harrison's solo stuff and I have "got my mind set on you" stuck in my head.

And Slap, I went back and listened to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Probably my favorite album of theirs. Day In The Life , It's Getting Better, When I'm 64... all good stuff.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      I was listening to George Harrison's solo stuff and I have "got my mind set on you" stuck in my head.

And Slap, I went back and listened to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Probably my favorite album of theirs. Day In The Life , It's Getting Better, When I'm 64... all good stuff.
      It's wonderful and I'm glad you liked it. If you haven't already I'd next give one of the following a listen: Rubber Soul, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, Let It Be (the naked version) or Abbey Road. The White Album is wonderful but there's a lot of filler on there so it's never an album I would suggest someone start with if you've not yet gone deep into their catalog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

It's wonderful and I'm glad you liked it. If you haven't already I'd next give one of the following a listen: Rubber Soul, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, Let It Be (the naked version) or Abbey Road. The White Album is wonderful but there's a lot of filler on there so it's never an album I would suggest someone start with if you've not yet gone deep into their catalog.
        I used to listen to them a lot when I was younger. I used to play Sgt Pepper multiple times before removing the CD.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Harrison was the most underrated Beatle.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Harrison was the most underrated Beatle.
            They're dying in order of talent.

Ringo's next.

Then Pete Best.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

They're dying in order of talent.

Ringo's next.

Then Pete Best.
              Harrison was immensely talented and might be my 'favorite' Beatles, but what is your deal with McCartney? The dude can play pretty much any instrument you throw in front of him, has a ridiculously expansive voice, has written/co-written some of the best songs of all time and... whatever.

Comment

• Spotify gives everybody a lesson in what Capitalism is all about.

If anybody is subscribed or whatever I would say the faster you can protest and unsubscribe or uninstall or whatever the better. If they take a huge, immediate drop they might think better of it next time. They are a soulless machine, just change the expected value function.

Consumers, organized, can destroy any corporation at will. That is the one good part of our system.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• At least the Fab Four knew when to call it quits, unlike the Stones.

Comment

• I love Paul Simon’s music with and without Garfunkel. But man…revisited his Capeman record recently…oof! That doesn’t hold up at all.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Holy ****. Apparently the following groups have now joined Neil young and pulled their music off Spotify.

Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen, Barbra Streisand, Queen, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Dave Grohl, Joni Mitchell, & Pearl Jam, Neil Young

That's gonna leave a mark.

edit:

Neil Young has 6,084,982 monthly listeners
                      Willie Nelson has 5,416,350 monthly listeners.
                      Queen has 36,605,559 monthly listeners
                      Pearl Jam has 10,448,620 monthly listeners
                      Bruce Springsteen has 13,506,679 monthly listeners
                      Barbara Streisand has 3,978,858 monthly listeners
                      Dave Grohl has 412,940 monthly listeners
                      Paul McCartney has 10,455,831 monthly listeners
                      The Rolling Stones has 19,487,305 monthly listeners

thats 106,000,000 listeners who probably listen to more than one song per month.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• After losing a nice chunk of market share, Spotify released the "we lost a **** load of money and we need to cover our ***" apology.

Comment

• Soul Asylum - Made To Be Broken - 1986 Minnesota Music Awards

i was 15 and lucky enough to be in attendance for this event thanks to my brother, although the overall production was pretty bad. Prince closed the evening with an unannounced 40-minute set that unfortunately I don't think was filmed. The linked video is some nonsense followed by perfectly sober performance by Soul Asylum.

Those were the days in Minneapolis especially for someone my age. Prince had just blown up, then there was The Time, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, The Replacements, Husker Du (which later begat Sugar), Soul Asylum, The Suburbs, The Jayhawks, Lamont Cranston, The Gear Daddies, Information Society, The Flamin Oh's, Babes in Toyland, Peter Himmelman, Trip Shakespeare (which later begat Semisonic), Limited Warranty, Slave Raider, Shangoya, Walt Mink, The Wallets, Arc Welder, Mint Condition and on and on. Those were the days.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-01-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do
                            O.A.R.- Shattered
                            The Killers- All These Things That I've Done
                            Sara Bareilles- She Used To Be Mine
                            Rihanna- Shut Up And Drive
                            The Beatles- It's Getting Better
                            Mark Ronson- Nothing Breaks Like A Heart

Comment

• Fugazi – Sweet and Low
                              Luna – Malibu Love Fest
                              Them Crooked Vultures – Scumbag Blues
                              Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks – Chartjunk
                              The Magnetic Fields – The Death of Ferdinand de Saussure
                              Affinity – Night Flight
                              Rival Sons – Face of Light
                              Amadou & Mariam – Masiteladi
                              Madrugada – Call My Name
                              David Bowie – Little Wonder
                              Faces – (I Know) I’m Losing You

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Madrugada – Call My Name
                                I have not previously heard of these guys. Great rec. Thank you

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Faces – (I Know) I’m Losing You
                                I prefer the Motown Versions. This is one of those times when the cover (despite being an amazingly cheesy video from the Ed Sullivan Show, this version is fantastic) is better than the original
                                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                                Groucho Marx
                                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                                Ron White
                                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                                Milo Bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X