Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched all 6 episodes of McCartney 3, 2, 1. If I could marry any one man...

Comment

• Realized Rush (the Limbaugh) used the opening bass line from the Pretenders' "My City Was Gone" in his radio show (my dad listened to it often). F him, even in death.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Realized Rush (the Limbaugh) used the opening bass line from the Pretenders' "My City Was Gone" in his radio show (my dad listened to it often). F him, even in death.
        Limbaugh was an FM DJ at a rock station before he tried his had at ****-wad baiting from his AM talk show.

The very liberal Chrissy Heinz (sp?) was told about it, but didn't much care, saying that her parents would listen to his show. I think she wanted to let them enjoy a little bit of her work each day, but never said as much.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• This is such a beautiful song. Goodness can Natalie sing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            This is such a beautiful song. Goodness can Natalie sing.
            Been listening to more of her solo work, as well as early 10,000 Maniacs.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Listening to Run The Jewels for the first time tonight, starting with "Close Your Eyes (And Count To ****)," while doing last minute coursework and eating yummy pastries.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Listening to Run The Jewels for the first time tonight, starting with "Close Your Eyes (And Count To ****)," while doing last minute coursework and eating yummy pastries.
                Be sure to watch their video for Nobody Speak.

Killer Mike does lots of public speaking and he blows me away every time; dude is brilliant and serious as a heart attack.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Leonid and friends cover Chicago really well, now they are on to Steely Dan, its spot on
                  https://youtu.be/P_8aZZ9d_EA
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Leonid and friends cover Chicago really well, now they are on to Steely Dan, its spot on
                    https://youtu.be/P_8aZZ9d_EA
                    This is brilliant except the lead guitar which is terrible. But my god the rest of the band. And remember that album was over-engineered for 11 months, and these guys are doing it live.

Spectacular. Just take that guy's guitar away (his voice is fine) and give it to a good studio person. The bass (Leonid), keyboard, and horns are hall of fame.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 07-24-2021, 08:54 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Moby is not a favorite of mine (I do listen now and again), but the dude knows how to throw a party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is brilliant except the lead guitar which is terrible. But my god the rest of the band. And remember that album was over-engineered for 11 months, and these guys are doing it live.

Spectacular. Just take that guy's guitar away (his voice is fine) and give it to a good studio person. The bass (Leonid), keyboard, and horns are hall of fame.
                        The guy that played guitar in the original Leonid and friends moved on and that sucks. Sergey could play Terry Kath to a tee. Not sure how he would have done on this?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Was hanging out over at my daughter's yesterday and her husband played some Black Pumas. Check 'em out.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Listening to the first 3 Arcade Fire albums this morning.

Still so, so good. "Wake Up" is a masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              Was hanging out over at my daughter's yesterday and her husband played some Black Pumas. Check 'em out.
                              These guys are great - highly recommend!

Comment

• Went right back to the women of the 1990s.

Paula Cole, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Alanis, Garbage, Courtney Love, Shawn Colvin, Lisa Loeb, Natalie Merchant solo, kd lang, and so many other good ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X