This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I have that Trail of Dead album, used to listen to it all the time around LiveJournal days.
    This was a new one for me - glad Spotify suggested it in my weekly update.

Comment

• Today it was Mark Knopler's 71st birthday. Yes, Dire Straits got huge in the mid-eighties, thanks to MTV and that one song with Sting, but I always preferred their stuff from before they became megastars. This right here is just poetry.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Danny Carey must have 4 arms. Seriously this is completely sick. And in particular starting around 5:40 just makes you cray cray. It's weird because Tool are not my favorite band, and yet I'm not sure there's another band out there that can excel at every component of a song at the same time like they do. Vocals, drums, bass, guitar, lyrics and that deep in your bones feelings they generate can only be surpassed maybe by Pink Floyd Queen, The Cure and not much else.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-12-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Danny Carey must have 4 arms. Seriously this is completely sick. And in particular starting around 5:40 just makes you cray cray. It's weird because Tool are not my favorite band, and yet I'm not sure there's another band out there that can excel at every component of a song at the same time like they do. Vocals, drums, bass, guitar, lyrics and that deep in your bones feelings they generate can only be surpassed maybe by Pink Floyd Queen, The Cure and not much else.
          Speaking of which this guy (while holding a newborn no less) offers keen insight into this song and not just with respect to Carey's drumming.

Comment

• I'm listening to "Ohio" by Over The Rhine, and this album always feels like I'm getting a big hug.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Danny Carey must have 4 arms. Seriously this is completely sick. And in particular starting around 5:40 just makes you cray cray. It's weird because Tool are not my favorite band, and yet I'm not sure there's another band out there that can excel at every component of a song at the same time like they do. Vocals, drums, bass, guitar, lyrics and that deep in your bones feelings they generate can only be surpassed maybe by Pink Floyd Queen, The Cure and not much else.
              Its wild isn't it? The guy is a freak.

In other news, I was invited to play a private party up in the woods in NH in October. Outdoors. Limited access (since it's private). I'm super uncomfortable with it. It's October so playing outdoors is always a risk, but I don't know these people and have no idea if they take COVID seriously. It's one thing to rehearse with three other people in a large practice room. It's another to gather with 40-50 people, even in NH where apparently they think COVID stops at the border.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                So Folklore has been out for a week and it's Taylor's best yet. Was kind of shocked to see Aaron Dessner co-wrote so many of the songs. That caught my eye pretty quickly. The songs are great. You can definitely feel Dessner's fingerprints all over the music.
                Late to the party on this one but I listened to the whole album last week and...

Holy fu** is it fantastic. The whole d*mn thing. It's Taylor at her best. Again. Because 1989 and Red were her best (until Folklore).
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Late to the party on this one but I listened to the whole album last week and...

Holy fu** is it fantastic. The whole d*mn thing. It's Taylor at her best. Again. Because 1989 and Red were her best (until Folklore).
                  Totally agree. The writing in the songs was her finest work. There's actual consequential meaning behind a lot of the songs, not just "I didn't believe the kids when they said that Suzie was sleeping with Johnny. Didn't believe them then I don't believe them now, I don't care that Suzie married Johnny, he's mine." Don't get me wrong, it's still a theme throughout, just... different.

epiphany dusted up the room quite a bit once I realized what she was describing. Even the last great american dynasty was great after I initially dismissed it as a throwaway. It's a fun story with a big "f-ck off" that wasn't exactly hidden.

People who aren't fans probably won't become fans. But it's not like her other albums at all.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• On this date 30 years ago Stevie Ray Vaughan died in a helicopter crash. He was 35. John Lee Hooker called him the best. He was my favorite musician.
                    Decent article about what happened.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...e-ray-vaughan/
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Faith Hill. I'm in the mood to dance with my partner tonight. And I might go over to her place tomorrow night to do it.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Its wild isn't it? The guy is a freak.

In other news, I was invited to play a private party up in the woods in NH in October. Outdoors. Limited access (since it's private). I'm super uncomfortable with it. It's October so playing outdoors is always a risk, but I don't know these people and have no idea if they take COVID seriously. It's one thing to rehearse with three other people in a large practice room. It's another to gather with 40-50 people, even in NH where apparently they think COVID stops at the border.
                        I declined the show. The band might get a fill-in. I told them how I felt and they seemed to understand. I don't know what the right thing to do is, but I do know that I won't be part of the wrong thing.

Comment

• Oh, XTC. There has never been a band so schizophrenic: when you are off you are terrible, but when you are on you are so lovely.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I declined the show. The band might get a fill-in. I told them how I felt and they seemed to understand. I don't know what the right thing to do is, but I do know that I won't be part of the wrong thing.
                            It was the right thing to do. Thank you from the rest of our immune systems.

Help is coming. In November we will discover whether the C students vote for the A students or the F drop outs when their very lives depend on it. Either way, they will deserve what comes next.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It was the right thing to do. Thank you from the rest of our immune systems.

Help is coming. In November we will discover whether the C students vote for the A students or the F drop outs when their very lives depend on it. Either way, they will deserve what comes next.
                              I've never voted D for president before. In MA I'm not sure it matters, but I might just do it this time.

Enough of this - people are dying because of our President's inaction. The live music industry, something I try to be a part of, is dead because of it. Enough.

Comment

I've never voted D for president before. In MA I'm not sure it matters, but I might just do it this time.

Enough of this - people are dying because of our President's inaction. The live music industry, something I try to be a part of, is dead because of it. Enough.
                                It matters if you do it down ticket. Dump is not an anomaly, he is the Republican party now, top to bottom.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X