USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah, a buddy knew the band. So we saw them a bunch. I can't remember who they played with, but I'm pretty sure it was Yellowcard.

Oh sweet, this was it:
    https://www.concertarchives.org/hemi...ack-acceptance

I don't really remember Acceptance and only vaguely remember Matchbook Romance.
    🤘
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

MC5
      https://youtu.be/74jS3dW0DtE

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Comment

https://youtu.be/Y4E3tHaZBlc

Jon Fogerty

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Oh. F-ck. Yes. The birth of punk.

In all the concert footage from the late 60s and early 70s the MC5 are the only band that has a genuinely multiracial audience. All the other so-called social justice bands' are lily white. Watch the great black blues stars at the Newport Jazz Festival and it's like the student body of Sarah Lawrence is on Spring Break.
            Last edited by Kepler; 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Oh. F-ck. Yes. The birth of punk.

In all the concert footage from the late 60s and early 70s the MC5 are the only band that has a genuinely multiracial audience. All the other so-called social justice bands' are lily white. Watch the great black blues stars at the Newport Jazz Festival and it's like the student body of Sarah Lawrence is on Spring Break.
              Love them!

Comment

New Pearl Jam album drops today. Gigaton. Streaming on Spotify. What I've heard, I love. But it's unlikely I'd feel any other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                  New Pearl Jam album drops today. Gigaton. Streaming on Spotify. What I've heard, I love. But it's unlikely I'd feel any other way.
                  I love the new PJ single and I think it’s interesting that it echoes the direction taken by Sleater-Kinney...although that’s the only song i’ve Heard so far.

Looking forward to picking up the vinyl when record stores reopen.

Comment

This is.................incredible. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OewLpY6gVd4
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      This song in particular kicks arse!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Great song. I saw them in concert at a place now gone and the name I can't remember. Was on the south side of 494 and France I think, 1 story building, parking lot slightly elevated. Anyway it was a really fun event.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          This song in particular kicks arse!!
                          That is excellent. I always worry they are going to get old and fall into trite harmonies but... not yet, anyway!
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I love mashups like that. Equally hilarious, entertaining, and impressive.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

solovsfett is right, St. Vincent is amazing and I think Actor is her best album. "Laughing With A Mouth Of Blood" seems to describe my life to a T right now.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                solovsfett is right, St. Vincent is amazing and I think Actor is her best album. "Laughing With A Mouth Of Blood" seems to describe my life to a T right now.
                                Actor and Stange Mercy are next level Bowie level albums IMO. I’m curious to hear what she does next, her last lp was released in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X