Alanis: You Oughta Know
    No Doubt: Just A Girl
    Garbage: Not Your Kind of People
    Kesha: Woman
    L7: Pretend We're Dead
    Janelle Monae: Screwed
    TLC: No Scrubs
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's probably not fair to critique music created by studio engineers who don't have access to audio equipment as good as yours. :-)
      🤣

Seriously though, i’d Love to hear if others feel the same way or if i’m Too focused maybe on drums and bass...
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        ��

Seriously though, i’d Love to hear if others feel the same way or if i’m Too focused maybe on drums and bass...
        I don't have an ear to pick out a lot of details that others can, but I do recall an interview with the drummer of a pretty popular band (serious brain farts on the drummer and band names) some 10 years ago or so. What I do recall him saying, though, is that Ringo used to play in a style that was intended to pull back the rest of the Beatles. In his words, the band was trying to push the song forward while Ringo would pull them back to keep some sort of balance to the song. Is that what you're hearing, or something completely unrelated?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Listened to the reissued Abbey Road...Uhm, guitars and vocals A+, drums and bass D. *** are they thinking??? For each time you hear a vocal or guitar more clearly it’s to the detriment of the rhythm section somehow. It’s a very odd listen. Andci’m Listening via Bose speakers connected to my turntable...
          These the ones by Giles Martin?

I hang out on a music forum created by one of the top mastering engineers in the business, and frequented by many musicians(famous or not) and other people in the music and film industry, people who know their chit, and there was a topic there where people have been less than thrilled by his remasterings of the Beatles legacy.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It's probably not fair to critique music created by studio engineers who don't have access to audio equipment as good as yours. :-)
            To be fair, Bose ain't all that.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              These the ones by Giles Martin?

I hang out on a music forum created by one of the top mastering engineers in the business, and frequented by many musicians(famous or not) and other people in the music and film industry, people who know their chit, and there was a topic there where people have been less than thrilled by his remasterings of the Beatles legacy.

Yes, the Giles Martin version. Come Together has guitar parts that really shine but then the drum fill/beat in the verse seems a lot quieter than it was on the version I grew up listening to.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I don't have an ear to pick out a lot of details that others can, but I do recall an interview with the drummer of a pretty popular band (serious brain farts on the drummer and band names) some 10 years ago or so. What I do recall him saying, though, is that Ringo used to play in a style that was intended to pull back the rest of the Beatles. In his words, the band was trying to push the song forward while Ringo would pull them back to keep some sort of balance to the song. Is that what you're hearing, or something completely unrelated?
                It’s unrelated but that’s a pretty good assessment of Ringo’s style. Not sure if he intentionally wanted to reign in the band or if his style was laid back and lilting by virtue of that being his natural tendency. Either way it’s Perfect for The Beatles!

Comment

A lot of Ringo's unique playing style was born of the fact he learned to play on a right-handed kit even though he's left-handed. It forced him to do things no other drummers had to that point while limiting him in other ways. Lot of good stuff out there (especially on YT) if you're interested.

Comment

Was it Slap that mentioned Yolo? Something like that? I actually paid attention at work, heard her song, and yeah, she belts it. That is a voice. Wow.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Was it Slap that mentioned Yolo? Something like that? I actually paid attention at work, heard her song, and yeah, she belts it. That is a voice. Wow.
                      I did and yes she can definitely belt one out.

Comment

Pretty cool to see Krist, Pat and Dave perform again together along with Beck, St. Vincent and Violet Grohl.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Pretty cool to see Krist, Pat and Dave perform again together along with Beck, St. Vincent and Violet Grohl.
                          Where was that?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Listening to my Girl Power playlist on Spotify this morning, and I realized I need a way to set my alarm to "Good As Hell" by Lizzo. Excellent song to start the day.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Some of my favorite albums from the last decade:

Arctic Monkeys - AM
                              Metronomy - The English Riviera
                              Lorde - Melodrama
                              The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep
                              Idles - Joy As An Act Of Resistance
                              David Bowie - Blackstar
                              PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
                              The Black Keys - Brothers
                              Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d City
                              Kasabain - 48:13
                              The XX - I See You
                              Grimes - Visions
                              The National - High Violet
                              Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
                              Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
                              Tame Impala - Lonerism
                              A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.ASAP
                              The Strokes - Angles
                              Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
                              Foals - Total Live Forever
                              SZA - Ctrl
                              Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
                              Wolf Alice - Visions Of A Life
                              Parquet Courts - Wide Awake
                              LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
                              Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City

Comment

Some of mine, and my list is limited:

"Rainbow"- Kesha
                                "Beautiful Trauma"- P!nk
                                "Sleep Well Beast"- The National
                                "Kaleidoscope Heart"- Sara Bareilles
                                "The Blessed Unrest"- Sara Bareilles
                                "Dirty Computer"- Janelle Monae
                                "Not Your Kind of People"- Garbage
                                "The Truth About Love"- P!nk
                                "Day Breaks"- Norah Jones
                                "High Violet"- The National
                                "Trouble Will Find Me"- The National
                                "Ceremonials"- Florence
                                "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful"- Florence

And lately, instead of listening to new music, I'm catching up.

Comment

Working...
                                X