X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    One of my residents was playing this tonight.

https://youtu.be/qBruAooXPNU
    Amazing song, very nice video.

If they had a fridge why did they need a fallout shelter?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    One of my residents was playing this tonight.

https://youtu.be/qBruAooXPNU

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Or this.

If you want to do some wild deep web diving chase down what that song is about. It is a fascinating story done very well by the video.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Running Up That Hill reaches #1, 36 years and 310 days after its release.

It is so bizarre to hear teens signing along with one of the most harmonically and lyrically complicated and beautiful songs of all time. I can't wait until Wire's The 15th is featured in a show.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    In a conversation about greatest album covers of all time it might start and end with Ken.

As for what I'm listening to it's the solo debut from Melissa Auf der Maur which is pretty damn solid. She was the bassist at one time or another for Hole and Smashing Pumpkins.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Slap- Day in the Life by the Beatles.

The ability to go from "I'd love to turn you on..." to "woke up, fell out of bed" effortlessly is something not likely duplicated by others.

Then again, Sgt Pepper's is my favorite album of theirs.
    Their ability to transition mid-song (and sometimes more than once) is unmatched. Many mood swings happen especially from Rubber Soul through Abbey Road.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    "I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles."

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Missy > everything else today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkR...l=MissyElliott

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Slap- Day in the Life by the Beatles.

The ability to go from "I'd love to turn you on..." to "woke up, fell out of bed" effortlessly is something not likely duplicated by others.

Then again, Sgt Pepper's is my favorite album of theirs.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    I went to see The Black Crowes last night, it’s their Shake Your Money Maker tour, performing that whole album and a few other of their favorites. The encore was their take on Bowie’s Moonage Daydream, but taking it to a blues rock feel really lost something.

That said, we are clearly moving into the Year of Bowie tributes, between his work showing up on the soundtracks of a number of movies and shows, and the Bowie biopic, he’s getting some more well deserved recognition and reintroduction to younger generations.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Hanging with my daughter and her fam yesterday and she had this song in her 'library'. Songs almost 30 years old but it caught my ear.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=-r...MVM-rQj7Y7ANHU

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Ugh… Bob Mould and The Cult played summerfest tonight on different stages and I missed out.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Guys like this have different brains.
    Great video, love for Steve Gadd but not the Purdie shuffle? Fagen hated shuffles but Purdie snuck it in Good to see the love for early Chicago also. Now I need to find Weather Report, its on vinyl somewhere here

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I don't know if Rory Gallagher would be considered underrated but it sure seems like his genius doesn't get mentioned often enough.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Jamiroquai- Virtual Insanity
    Mary Chapin Carpenter- I Take My Chances Shania Twain- That Don't Impress Me Much
    Alanis- You Learn
    Meredith Brooks- *****
    Phoebe Bridgers- Motion Sickness
    Julien Baker- Appointments
    Lindsey Stirling- The Arena
    Melissa Etheridge- I'm The Only One

Leave a comment:

Working...
X