Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I'm still struggling to understand the appeal of Ed Sheeran.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Any opera fans ever taken a swing at this?

I can't think of many things I wouldn't rather do than watch a "Lully-like" opera, but dimned if this doesn't sound bizarre enough to be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Wu-Tang. It's for the children.
    Especially ODB.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Wu-Tang. It's for the children.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My mom and I both tried to surprise each other with the same song. I told the music team I wanted Black Bird because my mom used to sing it to me when I was an infant to help me sleep.

She apparently found out who the music team was, I think I said who we were using, anyways, she called them up and said she wanted to surprise me with a song. So they called my number and said "Uhhhh, so is your fiance there? We need to uhhh, talk to her directly."

I had no idea what was going on. So I handed the phone to her and she said, "ok you've got to leave the room." Now I'm definitely in what the fuck mode. turns out, the DJ wanted to know if someone was trying to prank him and figure out what was going on. I don't remember how my wife talked me out of w t f mode. Anyways.

So the song plays at the wedding for our dance and we both think we've surprised each other. And once we both realized what had happened it was a really, really great moment.
    That is genuinely sweet, thank you for sharing that.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    My daughter picked "Not While I'm Around" as our dance at her wedding.

I like that it ends in a murder.
    My mom and I both tried to surprise each other with the same song. I told the music team I wanted Black Bird because my mom used to sing it to me when I was an infant to help me sleep.

She apparently found out who the music team was, I think I said who we were using, anyways, she called them up and said she wanted to surprise me with a song. So they called my number and said "Uhhhh, so is your fiance there? We need to uhhh, talk to her directly."

I had no idea what was going on. So I handed the phone to her and she said, "ok you've got to leave the room." Now I'm definitely in what the fuck mode. turns out, the DJ wanted to know if someone was trying to prank him and figure out what was going on. I don't remember how my wife talked me out of w t f mode. Anyways.

So the song plays at the wedding for our dance and we both think we've surprised each other. And once we both realized what had happened it was a really, really great moment.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    My daughter picked "Not While I'm Around" as our dance at her wedding.

I like that it ends in a murder.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Country music that doesn't suck.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Sucks to be these guys these days.

I'd love to see them live; they are so much fun.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2022, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    This board is thoroughly screwed up.

You can say cunt.

You can say fuck.

But they censor ****( excrement)
    ***** aka peenis

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    This board is thoroughly screwed up.

You can say cunt.

You can say fuck.

But they censor ****( excrement)

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Personally I think the ubiquity of 80s music in public venues like hockey barns is a very bad sign. When the Islanders were winning Stanley Cups we weren't playing Glenn Miller and the Andrews Sisters.

Come on, kiddies! Grab the baton from these failing, palsied hands.
    Depends on the music they're playing. Ain't many hockey barns gonna play Julian Cope or The Minutemen

I know I was thrilled as **** when I heard Big Star's When My Baby's Beside Me in Wal-mart one day. There was a three or four week period a couple years ago when whoever was programming their music was absolutely crushing it.

Then they must have fired his a&&. Cause he was playing stuff like Big Star.
    Last edited by rufus; 05-10-2022, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    "If your parents don't hate your music, you're doing it wrong." -- Alice Cooper

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Personally I think the ubiquity of 80s music in public venues like hockey barns is a very bad sign. When the Islanders were winning Stanley Cups we weren't playing Glenn Miller and the Andrews Sisters.

not many true hockey barns left either.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X