Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

    Next music thread, whenever we get there, should be titled "Wu-Tang is Forever, Motherf-ckers!"
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

    Comment


    • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

      Alabama Shakes – I Found You
      Al Green – Take Me To The River
      Pearl Jam – Quick Escape
      Pixies – Velouria
      Phantogram – In A Spiral
      The Cure – A Forest
      4onthefloor – Junkie
      The Replacements – Shooting Dirty Pool/Red Red Wine
      Garbage – Empty
      The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company

      Comment


      • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

        Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Alabama Shakes – I Found You
        Al Green – Take Me To The River
        Pearl Jam – Quick Escape
        Pixies – Velouria
        Phantogram – In A Spiral
        The Cure – A Forest
        4onthefloor – Junkie
        The Replacements – Shooting Dirty Pool/Red Red Wine
        Garbage – Empty
        The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company
        A Forest is underrated, from what I can tell.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

          Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          A Forest is underrated, from what I can tell.
          It's one of those that is well recognized for not being recognized. Like Jose Cruz.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

            Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time
            L.O.T.I.O.N. Multinational Corporation- Alphabrain
            Shabazz Palaces - Chocolate Souffle
            Shannon Lay – August
            Mudhoney - Suck You Dry
            Sonic Youth - Bull In The Heather
            Man Man - Future Peg
            Mr. Bones and the Boneyard Circus - Take Me Down
            Magnus Haven - Imahe

            MT - You might like Shannon Lay.

            Comment


            • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

              Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Sonic Youth - Bull In The Heather
              That song makes me want to run through a brick wall.

              Mandatory great video. The woman with Kim is Kathleen Hanna from Bikini Kill.
              Last edited by Kepler; 04-14-2020, 03:17 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                If there is such a thing as too much King's X, I have yet to find the limit.

                Comment


                • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                  Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  If there is such a thing as too much King's X, I have yet to find the limit.
                  Ah man....I sorta liked them back in the day, found a new appreciation for them when I was dating a certain woman (ties to a memory, etc), but in all honesty? Nah. IMO, they were good for a certain time and place, but completely forgettable overall.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                  Comment


                  • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                    Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Ah man....I sorta liked them back in the day, found a new appreciation for them when I was dating a certain woman (ties to a memory, etc), but in all honesty? Nah. IMO, they were good for a certain time and place, but completely forgettable overall.
                    It's the musicianship. There's just a lot of layers to their music.

                    Comment


                    • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                      Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      It's the musicianship. There's just a lot of layers to their music.
                      That was the one draw...the layers, but for me, those layers just didn't last.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                      Comment


                      • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                        Not sure if this has been posted here about Shirley, if redundant, please delete. Shirley Manson quotes Showing 1-3 of 3
                        You shouldn't be scrubbed clean before you have sex. I hate boys who are frightened of pee and **** and menstrual blood. ... I want a man who will let me pee in his belly button. I want a man to accept the beast in me.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Not sure if this has been posted here about Shirley, if redundant, please delete. Shirley Manson quotes Showing 1-3 of 3
                          You shouldn't be scrubbed clean before you have sex. I hate boys who are frightened of pee and **** and menstrual blood. ... I want a man who will let me pee in his belly button. I want a man to accept the beast in me.
                          Well, I'm out.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                          Comment


                          • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                            Well, no one ever said she wasn't obviously the kinky type, but for once I'm gonna have to agree with rufus. MT, she's all yours.

                            Comment


                            • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                              POLIÇA - Forget Me Now
                              Prince – My Name Is Prince
                              The Jesus And Mary Chain - Sometimes Always
                              Interpol – Obstacle 1
                              Hozier – Take Me To Church
                              Ramones – I Want To Be Sedated
                              Bloc Party – This Modern Love
                              The Jayhawks – Blue
                              Soul Asylum - Cartoon

                              re: Shirley Manson. I am certain there's a bit of hyperbole behind that statement, but even if not I still wood.

                              Comment


                              • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                POLIÇA - Forget Me Now
                                Prince – My Name Is Prince
                                The Jesus And Mary Chain - Sometimes Always
                                Interpol – Obstacle 1
                                Hozier – Take Me To Church
                                Ramones – I Want To Be Sedated
                                Bloc Party – This Modern Love
                                The Jayhawks – Blue
                                Soul Asylum - Cartoon

                                re: Shirley Manson. I am certain there's a bit of hyperbole behind that statement, but even if not I still wood.
                                The Prince and Ramones songs are each up there with their worst songs. I still like them a little, but far far far from even a mediocre song from them.

                                For reference: Who Made Who by AC/DC is in that same category.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X