Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    'No.1' FUNKY DAWGZ BRASS BAND | Fargo Season 4 (2020) Official Series Song Soundtrack

Those horns!!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Listening to Johnny's Griffin's 4-minute tenor sax solo on "If I Should Lose You." I recommend the entire 14+ minute piece, his whole band is great, but that solo is gut wrenching and beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    My older boy's first YT video of him playing guitar. We bought him an acoustic about 1 year ago and this electric about 6 months ago. He now has pedals, a recording mic, video camera, mixing software...

He's just getting started really but it's fun to see his progression. I didn't even know he could do what he does in the video about 1:30 in.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    "Something To Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt.

Can't hear that song without Will Ferrell singing it in Step Brothers.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Coffee shop also played "She Sells Sanctuary" by the Cult this morning. Checked them out; I don't think I'd go out of my way to hear them, but "She Sells Sanctuary" is good driving music.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Coffee shop is playing "Brass In Pocket" by the Pretenders this morning. That was when they were good. "Stand By You" was dreck.
    Funny story: Chrissy Hynde hates Brass in Pocket. I think it's great.

I don't think they got bad exactly, I think they have always been uneven, although like most groups their first album is far and away their best:

Best:

1980 Precious
    1980 Mystery Achievement
    1986 Don't Get Me Wrong
    1980 Talk of the Town
    1980 Brass in Pocket

Worst:

1994 I'll Stand by You
    1984 Back on the Chain Gang
    1980 Kid
    1984 Middle of the Road
    2016 Alone

At her best Chrissy Hynde was the sexiest woman on any planet that did not include Kim Gordon, and she's part of the most iconic photo in post-punk history:

Chrissy Hynde, Deborah Harry, Viv Albertine, Siouxsie Sioux
    Poly Styrene, Pauline Black
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-25-2020, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Anyone looking for some chill music I just stumbled upon Bill Callahan. If Nick Cave and Jeff Tweedy had a baby is one way I might describe him.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Coffee shop is playing "Brass In Pocket" by the Pretenders this morning. That was when they were good. "Stand By You" was dreck.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Miss Thundercat, quick recommendation, check out PJ Harvey if you haven’t already. Great great stuff!

also, for the 90’s crowd, next month a couple of vinyl reissues to get for nostalgia:

Jane’s Addiction - Ritual De also Habitual
    Faith No More - The Real Thing

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I've always felt vaguely guilty that I'm the only one who knows Van Morrison's music sucks (c.f. Meryl Streep's movies). But here at least is something we can all agree on: Van Morrison's science sucks.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Back when concerts were a thing, Sponge was the highest energy act I've ever seen. And they love meeting fans; I had Vin's autograph but lost it.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Bush was OK and all, but seeing them live once it dawned on me how all of their songs are roughly the same song. "Didn't they already play this?" "No, that was ......"

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    But Gavin Rosedale is so, so pretty!!

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Sponge at least tried to be interesting. 7M3 just sharted out a poor person's version of Pearl Jam in the same way Bush sharted out the debut album that the studio suits would've killed to have been Nirvana's third album instead of In Utero.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Checking out Sponge and Seven Mary Three as well. I saw Seven Mary Three with Sponge and the Spin Doctors once; Sponge was the highest energy act of the night. Seven Mary Three just stood there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X