Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

    I for one welcome her to the fight.


    Last edited by Kepler; 03-25-2020, 05:42 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Only 1 I just went with whatever came to mind first:

      A – AC/DC
      B – Bauhaus
      C – The Cure
      D – Dandy Warhols
      E – Echo & The Bunnymen
      F – Foo Fighters
      G – Grateful Dead
      H – Husker Du
      I – Incubus
      J – Joy Division
      K – KISS
      L – Lenny Kravitz
      M – Morrissey
      N – New Order
      O – Oasis
      P – Pearl Jam
      Q – Queens of the Stone Age
      R – REM
      S – Siouxsie
      T – Talking Heads
      U – U2
      V – Violent Femmes
      W – Roger Waters
      X – XTC
      Y – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
      Z – Frank Zappa
      ****, Joy Division, Husker Du and Talking Heads!!!!!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


      "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

      "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

      Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

      Comment


      • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

        Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Making the rounds on fb, bands you’ve seen live A to Z, just choose one for each letter:


        A - Audioslave
        B - Beatles
        C - Chris Stapleton
        D - Daft Punk
        E - Eric Church
        F - Fitz & the Tantrums
        G - Gorillaz
        H - Hootie (lol, I honestly couldn't think of another)
        I - Imagine Dragons (again, couldn't think of another)
        J - Justin Timberlake (solo career)
        K - Killers comma The (Kings of Leon close second)
        L - Led Zeppelin (Leon Bridges)
        M - Modest Mouse
        N - Norah Jones
        O - Otis Redding
        P - Prince (Pink Floyd)
        Q - Queen
        R - Rilo Kiley
        S - I honestly couldn't think of one that would fit
        T - Taylor Swift
        U - Unwed Sailor (?)
        V - Vampire Weekend
        W - Who comma The
        X - Xx
        Y - I honestly couldn't think of one that would fit
        Z - Zwan

        Edit: Wait, seen live? lol, **** man...

        I've seen:
        Yellowcard
        Motion City Soundtrack
        Art Garfunkel
        Coldplay
        Paul McCartney
        Taylor Swift / Camilla Cabello / Charlie XCX
        James Taylor & Carole King
        Eric Church
        I know there are more I'm just not thinking of.

        Edit: LOL I totally forgot Nickelback hahahaha I can't remember who opened for them
        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-25-2020, 06:18 PM.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I for one welcome her to the fight.


          I’m not complaining about it.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

          Comment


          • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

            Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I for one welcome her to the fight.


            I always preferred Mary Ann, but in this case give me Ginger:




            Comment


            • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

              Britney Spears, 38.

              When the he!! did that happen? Damm, I'm old.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Her Vegas show is dark, I'm sure she's bored.
                Actually:
                Spears does not control her own fortune or business decisions. She has been under her father’s conservatorship since February 2008, when she was committed to a psychiatric ward after experiencing a public breakdown.

                She has since released many albums, toured and staged a lucrative Vegas residency, but has been on a professional hiatus since January 2019, reportedly owing to her father’s poor health. Legal commentators have said it is unusual for an apparently high-functioning adult to remain under such an arrangement.
                Sounds like the State of Louisiana and her family are screwing her financially and she ain’t happy about it.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                  Oh yeah, I've seen that. All the Britney stans on the Tweeter Machine are constantly yakking about it.

                  Comment


                  • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                    A Joan Armatrading
                    B B 52's
                    C The Clash sadly, not the "real" Clash
                    D Dinosaur Jr
                    E Echo and the Bunnymen
                    F The Fleshtones
                    G The Go-go's
                    H The Hoodoo Gurus
                    I Iggy Pop
                    J Jane's Addiction
                    K Kansas
                    L Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
                    M John Martyn
                    N Nirvana
                    O The Outlets
                    P The Psychedelic Furs
                    Q
                    R The Replacements
                    S The Smiths
                    T Talking Heads
                    U U2
                    V Violent Femmes
                    W The Waterboys
                    X
                    Y
                    Z
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                    Comment


                    • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                      pretty sure Slap hasn't seen Joy Division, unless he was overseas at the time.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                      Comment


                      • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                        Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        pretty sure Slap hasn't seen Joy Division, unless he was overseas at the time.
                        Saw them in an all ages show at the Royalty Theatre in London in 1979 with my older brother during a family trip to the UK.

                        Comment


                        • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                          Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Saw them in an all ages show at the Royalty Theatre in London in 1979 with my older brother during a family trip to the UK.
                          You lucky bastid.

                          Closest I will ever be was seeing Peter Hook and the Light a couple years ago, playing the Joy Division album Substance in its entirety.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                          Comment


                          • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                            Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            You lucky bastid.

                            Closest I will ever be was seeing Peter Hook and the Light a couple years ago, playing the Joy Division album Substance in its entirety.
                            My brother was awesome. Took me to The Eagles, Steve Miller and Pablo Cruise at Met Stadium in 1978, KISS at (I think) the Civic Center for Alive II, Prince at First Avenue for Controversy...

                            My brother was super into bands like Van Halen, Zeppelin, The Who, Stones, etc., but he had very eclectic tastes and I think between the two of us we joined Columbia House a billion times under a variety of names.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post


                              A - Audioslave
                              B - Beatles
                              C - Chris Stapleton
                              D - Daft Punk
                              E - Eric Church
                              F - Fitz & the Tantrums
                              G - Gorillaz
                              H - Hootie (lol, I honestly couldn't think of another)
                              I - Imagine Dragons (again, couldn't think of another)
                              J - Justin Timberlake (solo career)
                              K - Killers comma The (Kings of Leon close second)
                              L - Led Zeppelin (Leon Bridges)
                              M - Modest Mouse
                              N - Norah Jones
                              O - Otis Redding
                              P - Prince (Pink Floyd)
                              Q - Queen
                              R - Rilo Kiley
                              S - I honestly couldn't think of one that would fit
                              T - Taylor Swift
                              U - Unwed Sailor (?)
                              V - Vampire Weekend
                              W - Who comma The
                              X - Xx
                              Y - I honestly couldn't think of one that would fit
                              Z - Zwan

                              Edit: Wait, seen live? lol, **** man...

                              I've seen:
                              Yellowcard
                              Motion City Soundtrack
                              Art Garfunkel
                              Coldplay
                              Paul McCartney
                              Taylor Swift / Camilla Cabello / Charlie XCX
                              James Taylor & Carole King
                              Eric Church
                              I know there are more I'm just not thinking of.

                              Edit: LOL I totally forgot Nickelback hahahaha I can't remember who opened for them
                              Motion City Soundtrack were great live!!!
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                              "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                              "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                              Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

                                Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Motion City Soundtrack were great live!!!
                                Yeah, a buddy knew the band. So we saw them a bunch. I can't remember who they played with, but I'm pretty sure it was Yellowcard.

                                Oh sweet, this was it:
                                https://www.concertarchives.org/hemi...ack-acceptance

                                I don't really remember Acceptance and only vaguely remember Matchbook Romance.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X