Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Slap, speaking of REM, Automatic is a good "I'm sad and angry and I need to process this" album.

Ignoreland is still relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    How droll.
    I'm not king of comedy
    Grease the pig
    Give a squeeze

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    How droll.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well, to continue the wrestling theme, everybody has a price.
    And Michael Stipe's dignity goes wholesale.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I think that’s it. Why appear in the commercial if you don’t like the work you’re representing?

ETA: It’s not like you’d have ever seen REM doing a commercial while playing Shiny Happy People.
    Well, to continue the wrestling theme, everybody has a price.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    The Geico one?
    I think that’s it. Why appear in the commercial if you don’t like the work you’re representing?

ETA: It’s not like you’d have ever seen REM doing a commercial while playing Shiny Happy People.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Doing something like this for an arena, then PPV and YouTube, then video games, etc... means the scale of use can go nuts pretty quick. But, this does appear to still be priced high, leading me to believe that they don't really want anyone to license it in the first place.
    That’s the point. They hate the song, they don’t want it used, but people want use it so they set a high price.

It’s not like AEW doesn’t want to pay, they’re already licensing plenty of other music.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Doing something like this for an arena, then PPV and YouTube, then video games, etc... means the scale of use can go nuts pretty quick. But, this does appear to still be priced high, leading me to believe that they don't really want anyone to license it in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Didn’t they star in a commercial where they sing that song just a couple years ago?
    The Geico one?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm with them.

They must be incredibly rich because it's been everywhere for 20 years.
    I don’t know if it’s every instance but that’s what’s been quoted regarding All Elite Wrestling trying to license the song for Bryan Danielson’s (fka Daniel Bryan) entrance music.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    TIL I learned the band Europe hates their song “Final Countdown” so much they charge $50k per single use for licensing fees because they don’t want it played.
    Didn’t they star in a commercial where they sing that song just a couple years ago?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    TIL I learned the band Europe hates their song “Final Countdown” so much they charge $50k per single use for licensing fees because they don’t want it played.
    I'm with them.

They must be incredibly rich because it's been everywhere for 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Has this been posted before? If not, it’s yet another reason why the Foo Fighters rock.

https://youtu.be/fyvwLAPNfXY
    Yeah, that's what I posted below actually. Totally worth posting again.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Has this been posted before? If not, it’s yet another reason why the Foo Fighters rock.

https://youtu.be/fyvwLAPNfXY
    They do stuff like this quite a bit, but that is one of my favorite fan sit-ins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X