USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Try to comprehend that which you'll never comprehend...

When I have more money, will spend more on Garbage.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Soccer Mommy is really good.

While I love Lady Gaga and Kesha, I need a break from sugary pop for a little bit.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

https://youtu.be/OmsXsIv2Ppw
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley "The First Vietnamese WaManson

Kep I think you will appreciate the following from the Black Angels.

The Sniper At The Gates Of Heaven
          The First Vietnamese War

"The First Vietnamese War"

You gave a gift to me
          In my young age
          You sent me overseas
          And put the fear in me
          And I ask what for now
          Why me, why war?
          And I ask what for now
          Vietnam War?
          Spent my time there by the shore

Oh we got off that boat
          Charlies everywhere
          A lotta killin' and dyin'
          And no one seems to care
          I ask what for now
          We say hell no
          And I ask what for
          Why me, why war?
          And I spent my time there by the shore

Sixty thousand men died
          While you were here
          You came into our homes
          And you took our kids
          And you ask for more now
          For this new war
          And you ask for more now
          Vietnam War
          I spent my time there by the shore

Live.
          Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-13-2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

That's great! Thank you. Reminds me of this.
            Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2020, 07:02 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              That's great! Thank you. Reminds me of this.
              Absolutely, although Grace Slick totally came to mind.

Comment

https://youtu.be/fBUT8HFjZ74

Jason Newsted has always struck me as a smart and savvy guy. This clip is great. I remember the Monsters Of Rock tour and I wanted desperately to see Metallica then (especially once I heard they were testing new material, Harvester of Sorrow?) but wasn’t willing to pay to see a short set...and with 3 bands I didn’t like and a watered down VH.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Chris Cornell, dayum!!!

A b-side from Soundgarden where his vocals strip the paint off the ceiling
                  https://youtu.be/xUKp-uwCbqg

Audioslave
                  https://youtu.be/QSMRcvVErV8

Comment

Dropkick Murphy's will be livestreaming a "concert" at 7pm ET tomorrow on their YouTube channel.

(Edit: Got the date wrong)
                    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-16-2020, 06:06 PM.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Social distancing with Fiona Apple, Garbage, Portishead, and Mazzy Star.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Social distancing with Fiona Apple, Garbage, Portishead, and Mazzy Star.
                        And Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson. Ingrid is HOT in the Girls Chase Boys video.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Dropkick Murphy's will be livestreaming a "concert" at 7pm ET tomorrow on their YouTube channel.

(Edit: Got the date wrong)
                          Yep. I'm pumped for it. That's good on them for keeping their tradition alive, and giving everyone an opportunity to see it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A love letter to the industry and fans.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Yep. I'm pumped for it. That's good on them for keeping their tradition alive, and giving everyone an opportunity to see it.
                              Despite some audio hiccups early it's going pretty well.

Might be a good idea for other bands and artists to look into doing something similar.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

https://youtu.be/Hthj9KZrgpo

Maybe it’s because I’m 8 episodes into Ken Burns’ Vietnam documentary but this song reminds me of Tim O’Brien. Could be the soundtrack to Going After Cacciato or The Things They Carried.

Comment

Working...
                                X