X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Theory: Piano Man is set at a gay bar and everyone is gay except for the Piano Man, and they're all taking bets on when he'll figure it out.
    If he didn't after Davy he never will.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Theory: Piano Man is set at a gay bar and everyone is gay except for the Piano Man, and they're all taking bets on when he'll figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Hard to argue...

Never tire of Keith Jarrett.

https://youtu.be/0BgXCDuqZvM

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

Always loved that performance. Loved Hall+Oates, til they went too pop in the mid-80's.

Unsurprisingly, that's when they became most popular
    I always thought these guys were garbage and then one of them started a video cast from his music studio where he has all these legitimate musicians in and he's actually really good.

Classic example of an act with supernova talent who went dumpster diving with a lot of lame pop because that's where they keep the money. Half of Ronstadt. Queen. Muse. Prince. Lightfoot. etc.

Unlike those guys, though, if there's a single non-cringe H&O song, I haven't heard it.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-09-2021, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I'm not a big H&O guy, but man when they fit the mood they really fit.
    Always loved that performance. Loved Hall+Oates, til they went too pop in the mid-80's.

Unsurprisingly, that's when they became most popular

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Simpatico (coffee shop I frequent) had this on the radio today. My parents LOVED this song and if I understand it, it was one of the first anti-drug songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLom...el=RaidersVEVO
    The Eagles released Life in the Fast Lane and people takes them for glorifying cocaine. The band replied to the allegations, asking them if these people actually listened to the song. The coked out couple have nothing but troubles after hitting the road.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Simpatico (coffee shop I frequent) had this on the radio today. My parents LOVED this song and if I understand it, it was one of the first anti-drug songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLom...el=RaidersVEVO

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I'm not a big H&O guy, but man when they fit the mood they really fit.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Been running through a string of 60's and 70's work from the following the past few days:

-America
    -Little Feat
    -CSNY
    -Seger
    -Grateful Dead
    -Chicago
    -Fleetwood Mac
    -Buffalo Springfield
    -CCR
    -Etc

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Son Volt have a new album out and goddamn it's wicked!! How awesome that Jay Farrar this many years later can still produce great music.

Also Prince's new album Welcome 2 America is very good but it took a few listens through. I'd be curious to read up on when most of the songs were recorded. The dude apparently has thousands of songs in his vault so posthumous albums are going to happen for years. If whoever's in charge does as well as they did on this one I will not complain about the money grab.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    This morning it hit a billion. Have some more.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Went right back to the women of the 1990s.

Paula Cole, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Alanis, Garbage, Courtney Love, Shawn Colvin, Lisa Loeb, Natalie Merchant solo, kd lang, and so many other good ones.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Was hanging out over at my daughter's yesterday and her husband played some Black Pumas. Check 'em out.
    These guys are great - highly recommend!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Listening to the first 3 Arcade Fire albums this morning.

Still so, so good. "Wake Up" is a masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X