• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Nice - I will need to look for that.

[edit] Here's a trailer for that doc. Quite a few big acts included within talking about the band

I think here it is in full.
    Video unavailable
    This video contains content from FilmMovement, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Started listening to George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass."

I'm hooked.
    It's arguably the best solo Beatles album of all time. Absolutely phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Started listening to George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass."

I'm hooked.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    PBS ran a documentary on them back in late May, Fanny: The Right To Rock. I taped it but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
    Nice - I will need to look for that.

[edit] Here's a trailer for that doc. Quite a few big acts included within talking about the band

I think here it is in full.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-11-2023, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I can only assume this means they declined to blow the greasy old label execs.
    I mean maybe, but I was more thinking of their stage presence.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    ...didn't act the right way.
    I can only assume this means they declined to blow the greasy old label execs.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    PBS ran a documentary on them back in late May, Fanny: The Right To Rock. I taped it but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
    Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Fanny - Young And Dumb. Early 70's all girl band that I guess had a few hits although I had never heard of them until about a year ago. Based out of LA with 2 of the members being sisters that moved there from The Philippines. This song is great.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Didn’t look the right way, didn’t act the right way.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Fanny - Young And Dumb. Early 70's all girl band that I guess had a few hits although I had never heard of them until about a year ago. Based out of LA with 2 of the members being sisters that moved there from The Philippines. This song is great.
    Wow! I'm not the biggest fan of that kind of rock and roll but my god these women are as good as / better than any of the acts that made it huge. They should have been superstars.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I... I'm sorry? Maybe?
    Well that was something.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I... I'm sorry? Maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post

You must allow for his torment.
    One of my favorite quotes, from a documentary about Hemingway:

Family member: "Of course, we should try to remember that Ernest was possessed by demons."

Narrator: "Ernest was not, in fact, possessed by demons. He was a violent, tiresome, raging alcoholic."

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yeah, he's a genius alright.
    You must allow for his torment.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Yeah, he's a genius alright.

A person who was an official and teacher at Kanye West‘s Christian schools in California has filed a lawsuit claiming conditions at the schools were dangerous and unsanitary, and that he was fired after voicing his concerns, NBC News reported.

Isaiah Meadows, a former assistant principal at Yeezy Christian Academy before it later became Donda Academy, also claimed in the lawsuit that the school had a skylight that was left empty because West allegedly didn’t like glass.

Another lawsuit filed this year by two former teachers at Donda accusing the school of wrongful termination says the school had no janitorial or medical staff, tolerated persistent bullying, and even had rules that seemed to ban all clothes that weren’t black or designed by West.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X