Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    The Troggs' "With A Girl Like You." One of the most perfect, pure, stripped down rock and roll songs.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Daft Punk splits after a 28 year run.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    When you don't mind being Rick Rolled

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    "Nevermind" by Nirvana turns 30 and "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis turns 26 this year. I'm starting to feel OLD.
    Pfft. "Entertainment!" by Gang of Four turns 41.

Just put me on an ice floe.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    "Nevermind" by Nirvana turns 30 and "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis turns 26 this year. I'm starting to feel OLD.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Alanis' other albums. Unbeknownst to me, she made other albums beside Jagged Little Pill.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Eventually and Folker are hit and miss with me. Some genuinely great stuff and a lot of dreck. Haven't got anything of his since.

I still think Stereo/Mono is the best thing he's done as a solo artist.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Having grown up on the Mats it took time getting used to their last 2 records and then 14 Songs, Westerberg's first solo release. I'm still not fully sold on Don't Tell a Soul nor All Shook Down, but there are some genuine rockers and powerful slower numbers reflective of a songwriting genius. I very much enjoy Suicaine Gratification, Stereo, Eventually and Folker, and don't sleep on The I Don't Cares (a collaboration with Juliana Hatfield) nor Grandpa Boy (alter ego I guess with Tommy Stinson on bass).

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Some of his solo stuff can be a bit cringing; like McCartney, he's lost his fastball. Or maybe he's just cruising. But when he's good, he's really, really good. Especially for a former high school janitor.

The man's a real talent, the kind that comes along rarely in a generation. Doesn't have a great voice, but he's a really compelling singer. And I've seen him do solo shows a couple times, and he's a surprisingly good guitar player for mope loser. On his own, he plays a rather unique rhythm/lead hybrid style.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The more I understand Westerberg's lyrics the more impressed I am. Hard pressed to think of anybody his age plus or minus ten with the same combination of intelligence and soul.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Taylor Swift has released her first full re-recorded song, and it's Love Story. The full re-recording release of the "Fearless - Taylor's Version" album is coming within weeks, and it includes six songs that were cut from the original release.

Here's a mashup of both versions of Love Story:
    https://youtu.be/utEeV9p2m3M
    Use headphones.

The rerecording is much more confidant and crisp.
    Last edited by aparch; 02-12-2021, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I loathe Carole King but she deserves to be in the R&R HOF and I am shocked she isn't
    She already is, as a songwriter. This is for performing artist.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    So you never did live in Portland?
    It wasn't somebody I worked for or slept with so I have no idea what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    In honor of his passing.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't know what that is.
    So you never did live in Portland?

Leave a comment:

Working...