replied
    Earth, Wind, and Fire.

"September" is so good.

I could listen to this all day.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I don't know why I could never get into Genesis (with or without Peter), yet I've always been a Gabriel fan. Maybe I need to revisit their Gabriel era stuff again.
    The way to get into them is to take each song as a one-off and just enjoy it. Don't try to systematize them or intellectualize them (even though they did invite that sort of thing every bit as much as Pink Floyd and King Crimson).

I think most of their songs are just little gems. They are kind. Playful. That's why the bloated, stadium, derpy sanctimony of Collins' influence was so lethal. He was Nolan with a big budget. When he was one of many he was an important and valuable piece, but once he had forced everybody interesting out it just became another zzzzzzzzzz rock band playing the same monotonous crap everybody else did (c.f. Waters and The Wall).

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Mostly in agreement here, although I really dig Momentary Lapse of Reason, On An Island, Pros and Cons..., and the live experience for both splits was always tremendous. But yeah Roger can still eat a dick.

Also I know you're not a fan, but when Paul saw a conversation between John and George from the Get Back documentary (one he had never heard before) he said he might not have pushed for their breakup the way he did had he known what was said between them. And also Allen Klein can still eat a dick.
    The Beatles would have been fine if they had just really buried Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Collins' colossal, band-killing self-regard* aside, the seven albums {Trespass ... Wind & Wuthering} are brilliant.

* Also available in Sting, Ginger Baker, Gallagher Brother (either), Pete Townshend, and XXL (Roger Waters).
    Mostly in agreement here, although I really dig Momentary Lapse of Reason, On An Island, Pros and Cons..., and the live experience for both splits was always tremendous. But yeah Roger can still eat a dick.

Also I know you're not a fan, but when Paul saw a conversation between John and George from the Get Back documentary (one he had never heard before) he said he might not have pushed for their breakup the way he did had he known what was said between them. And also Allen Klein can still eat a dick.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

I don't know why I could never get into Genesis (with or without Peter), yet I've always been a Gabriel fan. Maybe I need to revisit their Gabriel era stuff again.
    Collins' colossal, band-killing self-regard* aside, the seven albums {Trespass ... Wind & Wuthering} are brilliant.

* Also available in Sting, Ginger Baker, Gallagher Brother (either), Pete Townshend, and XXL (Roger Waters).

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Boy, that headline doesn't understand Genesis fans.

Let's get Pete back now please.

The 47-year ego trip dead end is over.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Saw Genesis in 1974 at the Orpheum in Boston. That was the last tour Gabriel did with them.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    I wouldn't have recognized him even if I bumped into him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...yG8?li=BBnb7Kz
    Boy, that headline doesn't understand Genesis fans.

Let's get Pete back now please.

The 47-year ego trip dead end is over.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-29-2022, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    I wouldn't have recognized him even if I bumped into him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...yG8?li=BBnb7Kz

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    "Shallow"- Lady Gaga
    "Counting Stars"- OneRepublic
    "Can't Stop The Feeling"- Justin Timberlake
    "Shut Up and Dance"- Walk The Moon
    "That's What I Like"- Bruno Mars
    "Daffodils"- Mark Ronson
    "Break My Heart"- Dua Lipa
    "Shut Up and Drive"- Rihanna
    "Rockabye"- Clean Bandit f. Sean Paul
    "Waiting For You"- Demi Lovato

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Mixing antidepressants with anything else including alcohol is playing with fire to begin with, but especially TCAs and MAOIs. They generally don't get prescribed as a first line antidepressant anymore for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Taylor Hawkins apparently OD'd? If so, what a waste.
    Being honest, hearing he died on tour in Bogota, Columbia that was my first, second, and third guesses.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Taylor Hawkins apparently OD'd? If so, what a waste.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    You're welcome.

https://youtu.be/-zdg_uGfJI8

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

If you've not yet heard of Mitski you should check her out. Reminds of a cross between Soccer Mommy and Fiona Apple.
    Puberty 2 is a really good album.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X